How many here are ready to strike UPS? I think if this contract is that bad we should Strike UPS.

F

Frankie's Friend

tenor.gif

Say yes to voting no!

tourists24

You won't get a chance to walk because there won't be a strike. They will renegotiate.

But you know that, you're just being a troll.
I think you’re gonna find that as soon as this whole contract is settled and done that Tony will disappear.... sort of the way TOS did as soon as The Trump/Clinton election was over

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No doesn't equal strike. No is basically expressing our disapproval over the contract. No is saying we don't think it's enough. When UPS says this is the contract take it or leave it, that's when a No vote means strike.

Just to use an analogy, if a friend does something that offends me and I tell him not to do it, that doesn't mean I want to end the friendship. When he then goes, 'No, deal with it.', that's when me saying no means ending the friendship.

In other words, No encompasses both 'I disagree with this contract and believe it should have more' and 'I disagree with this contract and if you don't give me more I'm striking.'

If we vote no and UPS says tough, also we've removed a few things from the contract because you didn't vote it through the first time, that's when we have to make the decision if UPS's contract and methods offends us enough to strike.

So in short Tony, I'm voting no because we deserve more, but I haven't decided if I'll vote to strike or not yet.

The strike authorization vote already been decided

TTKU

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
It seems to me that this 15,000,000,000 contract is not good enough. If it isn't lets, all vote no and send a message to strike UPS. Come on, lets do it. I can survive a strike. The company would be a little different when its over but why not take it out on the company. They don't want to give you what you want and you know you work so hard for them.
And I do like this contract, but I think I can't save the member from himself or herself, so I think we need to vote it down and get the ball rolling for the inevitably. A strike, just like 1997.
No no no, go away. I want this to be a real conversation. We don't want any suck ass management people in here. This is for the hard core members. The ones ready to walk.
Be a man for the love of Christ! Stick to your guns.
Yeah, but this contract sucks. I know this isn't you and I respect your honesty, but your fellow peers on her really thing this offer is a cheap one. They also want to shut UPS down in order to get what they want. I am sorry you don't have a big strike fund, but your creditors will work something out.
You deserve more. I get it. I want to get it for you, vote no.

I am laughing at Tony having an argument with himself posing as Fitbitt!

Tony, this is all a sad commentary on the fact that if you had done your job correctly the first time, (meaning you represent US, the union members) and not tried to orally satisfy the company during the time you had to "negotiate" the contract the majority, (meaning >50%) would be advocating a yes vote.

Instead, you lick-spittle's just took the last contract (same raises, same time frames, same Healthcare and pension increases) dressed them up in different piggy costumes and then bent over and offered your arse's when the company suggested a two tier wage system!

DO YOUR JOB OR GO WORK AT THE TAMPON FACTORY! "Negotiate" and stop being a cry baby when we call you out for not doing the job you are being paid to do!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

I want it to go down. I want each and every member to get what they want. If it hurts the company in the long run I don't care anymore. I want the cards to fall where they may. If we lose volume we will just have to find it somewhere else. If we lose those 3,000 sleeper jobs, who cares. Its not like every local will get them. They will probably only go to the big barns. friend that.
Its 3000? I thought it was 2000 runs with two drivers.
We got concessions on the concessions now!

Coyote drivers are lining up at the train stations already.
20180621_173739.jpg

km3

The 22.4 is bad.

It just needs to be cleaned up and fine-tuned. Severe monetary penalties if they abuse 22.4s as a means to avoid working or hiring RPCDs, perhaps? For example, an RPCD that is laid off while a 22.4 works should be able to file for his or her 8 hours at a minimum of double time, but preferably triple time.

Otherwise, they need to make the same as RPCDs. Some incentive to not use them instead of current RPCDs or hiring more.

The part time starting wage is not good.

As I said before, this problem will fix itself...one way, or another.

That 4 year air driver progression is a huge concession.

With 22.4s on the way, among other things, it's not that huge. In the grand scheme of things, I think it's kind of a small concession. Whether it's on this site, or in my hub, I literally have not heard one person complain about this.

Don't forget about what they did to you in 2013 with Teamcare.

I was hired after 2013, and even with Teamcare, I consider myself spoiled compared to the healthcare my friends and family have through their jobs. When I quit next year, that's gonna be the hardest thing to leave.

Tony, this is all a sad commentary on the fact that if you had done your job correctly the first time, (meaning you represent US, the union members) and not tried to orally satisfy the company during the time you had to "negotiate" the contract the majority, (meaning >50%) would be advocating a yes vote.

Instead, you lick-spittle's just took the last contract (same raises, same time frames, same Healthcare and pension increases) dressed them up in different piggy costumes and then bent over and offered your arse's when the company suggested a two tier wage system!

DO YOUR JOB OR GO WORK AT THE TAMPON FACTORY! "Negotiate" and stop being a cry baby when we call you out for not doing the job you are being paid to do!!!
kCmoIOsytQKKQ.gif

Tony Q

I'm ready to go back for you. will get more and if its not enough we strike. Look for sometime in October. Right before peek hits. I'm all in.

Tony Q

It just needs to be cleaned up and fine-tuned. Severe monetary penalties if they abuse 22.4s as a means to avoid working or hiring RPCDs, perhaps? For example, an RPCD that is laid off while a 22.4 works should be able to file for his or her 8 hours at a minimum of double time, but preferably triple time.

Otherwise, they need to make the same as RPCDs. Some incentive to not use them instead of current RPCDs or hiring more.

As I said before, this problem will fix itself...one way, or another.

With 22.4s on the way, among other things, it's not that huge. In the grand scheme of things, I think it's kind of a small concession. Whether it's on this site, or in my hub, I literally have not heard one person complain about this.

I was hired after 2013, and even with Teamcare, I consider myself spoiled compared to the healthcare my friends and family have through their jobs. When I quit next year, that's gonna be the hardest thing to leave.
Its not enough. We should strive for 18,000,000,000 instead of 15,000,000,000. Hell every time I type another zero I want to make them pay.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just what local do these guys pictured work out of? One has something past 5 O'clock shadow and the other is sporting full shag. They must have one heck of a slate if they can get an exemption from the appearance code.

That’s Dale Jr. on the left

Must have neede a job after he was done racing