How many hours do you want to work per week?

bbsam

Staff member
I'm a strong believer in the "do your eight and skate" school of thought. I bust serious hump to get off in between 7.5-8 hours, and 99% of the time I have 39-40 hours on my check. I also never come in on Saturdays. What do you all do? Similar to me? Any go getters?

40 and out. Don't work any more than I need to. Life is too short to be spending all of it at work.

I’m trying to get myself used to working no more than 35.

I avg just under 40 which is plenty. I already feel like I am here to much.

For part time if I can reach 28 I’m ok. Lately it’s been around 25. If I wanted to, I could work mornings and
Saturday. But I don’t want to.
Wow. And I thought millennials were bad.

Godzilla55

Usually 40+ per week and I volunteer for any Saturday I can. Also, run a small lawncare business with 14 customers 8 months out of the year. I figure the more I do now, the sooner I can retire. Or, as Dave Ramsey would say...live like no one else now so you can live like no one else later.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wow. And I thought millennials were bad.
I’ve worked my ass off for many, many years, working splits, 14 hour days (before it was illegal), Six days a week, 60 hours many weeks. I’m winding down for retirement and need to learn to live on less money. Has nothing to do with being lazy. Lol.

bbsam

Staff member
I’ve worked my ass off for many, many years, working splits, 14 hour days (before it was illegal), Six days a week, 60 hours many weeks. I’m winding down for retirement and need to learn to live on less money. Has nothing to do with being lazy. Lol.
I didn’t say anything about lazy. :)

Last edited: