How many hours do you want to work per week?

bacha29

Want to work? Hmmmm I'm with Damon77 but I'd say 25. Need? 40-45. But when I started in 90 as a csa I worked 40 a wk then became a crr with splits in 92 & worked 44-46 pr wk then a floater in 94 til 2010 & worked 55-60 a wk because my goal was to payoff my mortgage & YES I did. Then took a full day route bk to 45 then became a manager & workd 65-70 a week then went back to courier now & working 45-50 a wk because my new goal is to save as much as possible for retirement & family vacations ( yes still family vacations ) and possibly go ptime when I turn 57 in 5 years then hope to retire when I turn 62 in 10 years with 40years of service. Wish me luck
Ambitious? Yes, but be glad you're not with Ground. I've been talking with some contractor employed drivers who are telling me that 6 day 70 work weeks are now mandatory terms of employment.

Artee

I am fortunate that my wife has a nice paying job, as I only want to work 40 hours a week. The last month I have been asked to come in for overtime as business is booming. Getting an extra 4-6 hours a week now. I have not worked more than 5 hours of overtime the past 10+ years.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I am fortunate that my wife has a nice paying job, as I only want to work 40 hours a week. The last month I have been asked to come in for overtime as business is booming. Getting an extra 4-6 hours a week now. I have not worked more than 5 hours of overtime the past 10+ years.
Tell ‘em to hire more people. Short-staffing is the manager’s problem. They usually try to make it someone elses.

AB831

I've never gotten more than 5 hours of overtime except for Christmas time

Artee

Tell ‘em to hire more people. Short-staffing is the manager’s problem. They usually try to make it someone elses.

Its a temporary thing, so I don't mind it. Would not want this to be a regular schedule. Once people get back to work things will slow back down. I haven't worked overtime in many years because I refuse to come in on the weekends and work nights. If I can get my OT before or after my shift I am cool with it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Its a temporary thing, so I don't mind it. Would not want this to be a regular schedule. Once people get back to work things will slow back down. I haven't worked overtime in many years because I refuse to come in on the weekends and work nights. If I can get my OT before or after my shift I am cool with it.
Well if they're anything like the managers I had, once you volunteer for something they would automatically assume that you wanted to do that all the time.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I'm a strong believer in the "do your eight and skate" school of thought. I bust serious hump to get off in between 7.5-8 hours, and 99% of the time I have 39-40 hours on my check. I also never come in on Saturdays. What do you all do? Similar to me? Any go getters?

Is one hour unreasonable?

AB831

Well if they're anything like the managers I had, once you volunteer for something they would automatically assume that you wanted to do that all the time.
Yup. And when you can't, you'll be met with an eye roll or some condescending remark.