How ups does not care about their workers

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thats interesting, how was the OP caught? Was he dishonest?

Article 37 is also clear!

"No employee shall be discplined for exceeding personal time based on data received from the diad/ivis or other information technology"

CRASH501

Your contract is clear, here we receive a 1 hour unpaid lunch and a 10 minute paid break. UPS has PAS/EDD they know how much work they put on us and if we get it done we get it done. We cannot be forced to document more time unpaid time by extending our lunch. Each center has a fulltime dispatcher its their job to DISPATCH.

Are your pick ups heavy? Is this where you get your bulk of paid day from? Or is it evenly split between delivery and pick ups?

Last contract we where able to add a sitting arbitrator to our discipline panels. This was huge, no more sitting out a year or more while waiting for arbitration. Now you will know your fate within a month, and I can tell you more people hvae returned to work than what have been shown the door, alot more!

Yet in my local there is a 300 person backlog on arbitration

705red

Browncafe Steward
[/COLOR].
Yet in my local there is a 300 person backlog on arbitration
We have 300 laid off 22.3 greivances waiting on arbitration, and other grievances to be heard. But no discipline. No one is sitting out wondering if they have a job. This is language that every local should have. Yet it is costly, UPS and the local split the arbitration fee for the day, but overall its worth every penny. But our local can afford this due to our size, while smaller locals might not be able to.

Dark_Team_135

We have 300 laid off 22.3 greivances waiting on arbitration, and other grievances to be heard. But no discipline. No one is sitting out wondering if they have a job. This is language that every local should have. Yet it is costly, UPS and the local split the arbitration fee for the day, but overall its worth every penny. But our local can afford this due to our size, while smaller locals might not be able to.

I don't understand how UPS can have combo employees laid off when they aren't allowed to reduce the number of 22.3 employees per the contract. What is the company's position on this? Are they saying they have relocated the positions? Since 705 isn't part of the national agreement, can the jobs even be moved out of 705's jurisdiction?

telly

Sorry to hear about what they have done to you. I agree that they do not care about your family but used them and your situation to disregard you as human being. They seemed to care too much about what you were doing. Do they do this with all there employees? Stay on top of your case ask your BA to tell you how he plans to defend you. It is UPS's job to prove wrong doing. I hope you get lots of back pay and penalty pay soon.

pretzel_man

I certainly do not know what happened, so this is not a shot at anyone. On the other hand, no one here really knows the situation either. There are always two sides to a story.

I am NOT saying that this is what happened here, but there are some things I have seen first hand. I have seen some drivers (a very small minority) who paint a dishonest picture. I have seen cases where a driver would complain about being over dispatched, even filing grievances for being over 9.5. Then I would look at telematics and see that the driver was hanging out for long periods of time (30 minutes to over an hour).

I certainly understand about having to wait for pickups... But if the driver complains about getting additional dispatch, declines on call events, and then also hangs out, that is not my fault.

I'm also smart enough to look up the location where the driver was sitting. That's always interesting.

One last time... I am NOT saying that this is the situation here. I do not know. I also know that this happens with the vast minority of our drivers. On a whole, our drivers are outstanding.

There are not enough facts here for anyone to draw a conclusion on this situation.

P-Man

rocket man

I WAS A PROUD DRIVER FOR 20 YEARS AND THEN I HAD A INJURY IN APRIL AND THEN CAME BACK TO WORK FULL DUTY IN AUGUST,MY MANAGER WAS PISSED AT ME AND WITHOUT A WARNING EVER ISSUED I WAS TERRMINATED IN SEPT. MIND YOU I WAS NEVER IN ANY TROUBLE IN 20 YEARS.....MY ARBITRATION CASE WONT BE COMING UP TILL JUNE OR JULY.HOW CAN THEY DO THIS WHEN THE KNOW YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR FAMILY. I HAVE 4 KIDS ONE IS 10 MONTHS WHO NEEDS TO VISIT THE DOCTORS A LOT. I HAVE NO BENEFITS. THEY JUST DONT CARE. WE ARE JUST A NUMBER TO THEM. WE ALL HAVE TO STAND UP TO THEM AND FIGHT. EVERYONE I TALK TO SAYS I CANT BELIEVE IT BUT BELIEVE IT IAM LIVING THE NIGHTMARE. IF YOU THINK IT CANT HAPPEN TO YOU TRUST ME IT CAN.:angry:IAM STARTING TO CALL AND WRITE TO ATLANTA AND GET OTHER LEGAL ADVICE

rocket man

You have 20 years in ? and you have to ask about your problem on this? iIM SORRY YOUR OUT FOR NOW BUT IF YOU DIDNT Have your head up your a@@@ FOR 20 YEARS YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION . I wonder how many driverS who worked with you in the last 20 years came to you for advise and you said I have to go home ask a steward? I havent been with comany for 20 or even 10 but im loyal to young drivers and and older drivers ill take time to ask and answer a question and hope i get the right answer,.you have a union I hope your in it . call them 20 TEARS IN YOU should know they just cant let you go you are telling the WHOLE STORY. TEAMSTER WASHINGTON DC 202 6246800 ASK FOR SMALL PKG DIV

705red

Browncafe Steward
I don't understand how UPS can have combo employees laid off when they aren't allowed to reduce the number of 22.3 employees per the contract. What is the company's position on this? Are they saying they have relocated the positions? Since 705 isn't part of the national agreement, can the jobs even be moved out of 705's jurisdiction?

705 has 1100 22.3 jobs in our agreement. These jobs cannot be moved outside of our juristiction. They have deadlocked every lay off grievance saying we dont have the work yet they have hired 100's of new part timers sonve march when they started laying off. Some laid off 22.3s where mot even brought back for peak, which we have filed additional grievances on.