brown_trousers

alright, so up until the point where I was hired as a part-time supervisor I have never shaved my beard, but to get straight to the point , I got a doctors note. After getting my note I brought it to my gateway manager, and he tells me I would have to work the same position (part- time supervisor) at our local hub.

Or I can shave and continue working at my current position. Going through this little situation, I was just curious to know the no shave policy for management.

Not to mention I work in operations, and come in no contact with any customers.

Not entirely true, UPS has the right to move you to another position if that's what the accommodation would be.
ENFORCEMENT GUIDANCE: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION AND UNDUE HARDSHIP UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT

if the manager puts pressure on you to ignore a medical condition, that could lead to a lawsuit at some point.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This is the end result of a kid who’s father had talks with him Vs a smack in the asE as a kid , to many soccer trophies just for going to practice !!
These are our new sups ,drivers, leaders or worse yet , politicians or even worse , a future man who man have to deal with the likes of N Korea !!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This is the end result of a kid who’s father had talks with him Vs a smack in the asE as a kid , to many soccer trophies just for going to practice !!
These are our new sups ,drivers, leaders or worse yet , politicians or even worse , a future man who man have to deal with the likes of N Korea !!!
Or a kid who grew up with no father figure in his life to teach him how to be a man.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Or a kid who grew up with no father figure in his life to teach him how to be a man.
Best thing that ever happened to me. Was able to step back, see the world for what it was, and do for my life what I wanted out of it on my own instead of just falling in line with the same old :censored2:.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Having a bun on top of his head might be kinda effeminate. But I just don't think it's possible for a beard to be effeminate. It's not a feminine trait by any means. The only reason some women can grown them is because of an overabundance of testosterone in their system.

An effeminate beard is anyone you can't grow in one week, 10 days at most.

Tony Q

alright, so up until the point where I was hired as a part-time supervisor I have never shaved my beard, but to get straight to the point , I got a doctors note. After getting my note I brought it to my gateway manager, and he tells me I would have to work the same position (part- time supervisor) at our local hub.

Or I can shave and continue working at my current position. Going through this little situation, I was just curious to know the no shave policy for management.

Not to mention I work in operations, and come in no contact with any customers.
We have a Sikh part-time supervisor with a full beard and long hair. I don't usually like most part-time sups, but this guy has charisma and his beard stands out. He has no problems and uses his religion to do this.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why are people so hostile towards men who simply wish to grow a beard? How does it affect you in the slightest? There is nothing wrong with trying to get a policy changed, or trying to work around it if it's nonsensical.

You need to accept the fact that your generation, and your parents' generation, grew up being brainwashed by gillette and barbasol ads, and that doesn't give you some special privelege to insist that everyone has to do what you think is proper. I shave because it is required by the company, that's not going to stop me from taking any opportunity to attempt to change the policy.

The only safety gear that would require shaving is scba, and even then you only have to shave your neck. If you are not a designated responder, the scba issue doesn't apply.