HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
alright, so up until the point where I was hired as a part-time supervisor I have never shaved my beard, but to get straight to the point , I got a doctors note. After getting my note I brought it to my gateway manager, and he tells me I would have to work the same position (part- time supervisor) at our local hub.

Or I can shave and continue working at my current position. Going through this little situation, I was just curious to know the no shave policy for management.

Not to mention I work in operations, and come in no contact with any customers.

HR will tell your boss that he has to accept the note, but your UPS career will go no further.
Would you have a valid lawsuit ? Maybe, but they don't have to move you to a better position or even give you a raise.
You will just hover in the twilight zone while everyone around you gets promoted or they'll find a way to make you quit.

I am assuming you're a white male.
If you're black, you could sue the pants off Abney.
If you're a woman, THIS JUST BECAME THE MOST EPIC THREAD EVER !!!

LOL

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
HR will tell your boss that he has to accept the note, but your UPS career will go no further.
Would you have a valid lawsuit ? Maybe, but they don't have to move you to a better position or even give you a raise.
You will just hover in the twilight zone while everyone around you gets promoted or they'll find a way to make you quit.

I am assuming you're a white male.
If you're black, you could sue the pants off Abney.
If you're a woman, THIS JUST BECAME THE MOST EPIC THREAD EVER !!!

LOL
193B9494-FFC9-4056-B3F3-22AF9D8A8CF9.jpeg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
alright, so up until the point where I was hired as a part-time supervisor I have never shaved my beard, but to get straight to the point , I got a doctors note. After getting my note I brought it to my gateway manager, and he tells me I would have to work the same position (part- time supervisor) at our local hub.

Or I can shave and continue working at my current position. Going through this little situation, I was just curious to know the no shave policy for management.

Not to mention I work in operations, and come in no contact with any customers.

Grieve it

Whoops!!!

This happened a while ago, He didn’t tell me I’d be fired or anything, same position same payment just at a different location. Saying that’s where management employees with beards go.

I’ve been shaving, I wouldn’t care if I had pretty face , and I like my beard. But starting at a different location seems like to much trouble.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
This happened a while ago, He didn’t tell me I’d be fired or anything, same position same payment just at a different location. Saying that’s where management employees with beards go.

I’ve been shaving, I wouldn’t care if I had pretty face , and I like my beard. But starting at a different location seems like to much trouble.

If you are shaving why did you get a note?
Are you saying you lied on the form and gave it to UPS knowing full well that it had
false information on it?
I hope they fire you for falsifying records.
People like you sicken me
Ridiculous, simply ridiculous

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

OMG ,,,,, grow up !
What’s more important , your beard or moving up and along with this company ???
What the hell makes you so special that you can’t conform to policy ????
The rest of us seemed to have !!
Like @HEFFERNAN more or less explained , you will get stone walled to the point , they’ll win and you’ll be gone !!!!

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I am sure you have a weak, effeminate, patchy beard and only use it to hide your pubescent acne scars. Shave the beard or move to Dearborn, Michigan!

rod

Retired 22 years
It’s amazing to me over the past 15 yrs or so , the amount of people getting drs notes to have a beard ,, as to the amount who needed them my first 15 yrs here !!
With the arrival of medical technology and medicine you’d think skin conditions would be better !!
Or is this just another excuse for the “me generation, millennials “
To once again , get their own way !

I believe you nailed it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s amazing to me over the past 15 yrs or so , the amount of people getting drs notes to have a beard ,, as to the amount who needed them my first 15 yrs here !!
With the arrival of medical technology and medicine you’d think skin conditions would be better !!
Or is this just another excuse for the “me generation, millennials “
To once again , get their own way !
I think it's a matter of guys didn't even know it was an option.

I can shave 2 maybe 3 times a week and be ok but if I shave every day I get pretty bad razor burn. As Long as they are ok with a little stubble I won't bother. If they start pushing the issue I'll just go get a doctor note

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it's a matter of guys didn't even know it was an option.

I can shave 2 maybe 3 times a week and be ok but if I shave every day I get pretty bad razor burn. As Long as they are ok with a little stubble I won't bother. If they start pushing the issue I'll just go get a doctor note

After you ask your wife if you can have a beard?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I am sure you have a weak, effeminate, patchy beard and only use it to hide your pubescent acne scars. Shave the beard or move to Dearborn, Michigan!
If you think it's possible for any kind of beard to be effeminate, you should probably stop banging all those sideshow broads.