If we hit 50% voter turnout and 2/3 majority

Tony Q

I don’t deal in blame, for what it’s worth. I believe he implemented the last one. Which makes me think if he considers us an unreasonable majority maybe he exercises that power. Just a brainstorm.
I can tell you he’s not implementing anything. We will end up in a strike and it will be what the majority of the voting members decide.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
With the sheer volume of literature and information the IBT and Teamsters United there should be know reason for a low turnout. I don’t care what side of the fence you are on. There is no excuse to not have a high voter turnout in this contract.
I still haven’t voted yet. I would vote yes , but solely because of you I am strongly considering a no vote. I hate you more than hitler

Tony Q

I still haven’t voted yet. I would vote yes , but solely because of you I am strongly considering a no vote. I hate you more than hitler
I think that is great. Vote for what’s best for your family or vote for how much you hate a person you don’t know. This is unreasonable logic. Good luck.

Smashmouth

This is based on a "last and final" offer. So only a majority is needed on this first vote.

I agree with you on the final offer thinking. But i could find no language in the Constitution about vote rules for non-final offers. And whose to say our sellout negotiators wouldnt just say “Oh yeah, this was UPS’ final offer” after the fact to get this :censored2: contract passed.

Superteeth2478

But in all seriousness, Tony Q, what points do you have against the following that make a strike so unlikely it's on a par with (who am I kidding, it's probably MORE unlikely than all of the following happening at once) the chances of hitting the Powerball jackpot right before getting struck by lightning while being attacked by a shark after falling into the ocean from a plane that failed while flying overseas because the pilot was pass-out drunk the day of the flight and he managed to get past all the safeguards keeping drunk pilots from operating airplanes?

1. UPS is now a public company beholden to it's shareholders who will be...unhappy, to say the least, about a strike.
2. Donald Trump is a Republican president, and although he hates Bezos the damage a strike would do to the economy would do harm to his reputation as president (and come on, it's Trump. He cares a lot about his image).
3. It's the first offer, not the "LAST, BEST, AND FINAL" offer.
4. Clearly what with the push from BOTH sides to vote yes as if this is the greatest contract since sliced bread (where the union and the company are both essentially pissing on the members and telling them it's raining), there is collusion afoot. Seeing as how there is collusion afoot, do you really think that if we reject the offer that the union will strike the company it's colluding with? That's called killing the golden goose. So what's the only option other than a strike or something scandalous like imposing the contract in violation of the constitutional language that allows it in specific circumstances? MAKING IT BETTER!

Really, answer these points. You should be great at debating, no? And, assuming you two are different people, which isn't likely, LagunaBrown can join in and answer me as well...oh, and that FitBitApp bipolar :censored2: can join in too.

Last edited:

Tony Q

But in all seriousness, Tony Q, what points do you have against the following that make a strike so unlikely it's on a par with (who am I kidding, it's probably MORE unlikely than all of the following happening at once) the chances of hitting the Powerball jackpot right before getting struck by lightning while being attacked by a shark after falling into the ocean from a plane that failed while flying overseas because the pilot was pass-out drunk the day of the flight and he managed to get past all the safeguards keeping drunk pilots from operating airplanes?

1. UPS is now a public company beholden to it's shareholders who will be...unhappy, to say the least, about a strike.
2. Donald Trump is a Republican president, and although he hates Bezos the damage a strike would do to the economy would do harm to his reputation as president (and come on, it's Trump. He cares a lot about his image).
3. It's the first offer, not the "LAST, BEST, AND FINAL" offer.
4. Clearly what with the push from BOTH sides to vote yes as if this is the greatest contract since sliced bread (where the union and the company are both essentially pissing on the members and telling them it's raining), there is collusion afoot. Seeing as how there is collusion afoot, do you really think that if we reject the offer that the union will strike the company it's colluding with? That's called killing the golden goose. So what's the only option other than a strike or something scandalous like imposing the contract in violation of the constitutional language that allows it in specific circumstances? MAKING IT BETTER!

Really, answer these points. You should be great at debating, no? And, assuming you two are different people, which isn't likely, LagunaBrown can join in and answer me as well...oh, and that FitBitApp bipolar :censored2: can join in too.
1. Ups is a publicly traded company whose business model can only take so much.

2. Trump will welcome unyoking of misdirection right about now.

3.It's not the first offer. Ibt was negotiated over 9 months. It will end up being the last best offer. You can mark my words.

4.The contract won't be imposed.

Superteeth2478

3.It's not the first offer. Ibt was negotiated over 9 months. It will end up being the last best offer. You can mark my words.

1. You're acting like simple things like raising the part-timer rate to $15, giving a $2 raise to veterans, putting language in the contract that guarantees either inside work to justify a lower pay rate for 22.4s and 9.5 protection and a proper 8/40 hour guarantee will bankrupt the company.

2. Not an argument. Trump wouldn't do that because of the guaranteed negative effect of a strike on the economy. You would have to argue that it wouldn't damage the economy. You can't.

3. It is the first offer, :censored2:. There have been no other offers put to the vote. If they decide to make it the last offer, I'm sure enough of the membership will be scared :censored2:less and will vote yes. Hopefully not. But that said, Hoffa/Taylor don't have any balls (Proof: They didn't stand up to UPS and get a great contract which should have been like shooting fish in a barrel all things considered) so he probably wouldn't risk it by making it the last offer. Next.

4. It won't be imposed if the conditions aren't met. It would be a fiasco if it's imposed in violation of the constitution. Hoffa will impose it if the conditions are met. If they aren't, there sure as hell won't be a strike. Read 1-3 above.

Hopefully that FitBitApp :censored2: can do better than that.

cachmeifucan

Your lying but if we go on strike I'm going to Disney world. So we both know no strike we continue to work under old contract on handshake agreement until they offer a better deal.

cachmeifucan

They are taking a yuge risk if it gets voted down they will be scrambling to sign a deal. I wish the offer was fair but it's not. Vote no and encourage others to vote no early and often