In-Vehicle Express Cameras (On Topic/Information thread)

We did this for months have actually been warned in the last week it is no longer allowed. If they check the cameras and it is blocked after the third time you can be let go. Was told mechanics and managers are to check them everyday for any being covered.
In the UPS truck there put on the passenger side window not on a driver side

Star B

White Lightening
Was told mechanics and managers are to check them everyday for any being covered.
They can report on their own if they are obstructed.

Plus, the EASIEST way to get around that "DONT PUT YOUR VISOR DOWN" is "Okay, so you are telling me to operate my FedEx vehicle unsafely by being blinded by the sun?" Of course, word and change as needed. Basically, put it on them as you need to have that down to operate the vehicle safely, and you know, safety above all.

Here's what I think the directive is coming from -- Memphis/Senior/DM is seeing the number of cameras being blocked and want to see those numbers go down, so they are telling your local management to fix the problem. That's why it wasn't an issue and now it's a BIG issue.

In the UPS truck there put on the passenger side window not on a driver side.
Ours are also for the most part, but because we drive smaller vehicles, some of them are in the middle of the windshield, up top, etc.

I'm just waiting for the first CRR with a cop friend (in our state) to have them write a warning for an illegal windshield mounted item (which they are in our state) and have it turned in to safety/legal. If that doesn't fix it, then upgrade it to a ticket and then demand FedEx pay for the lawyer to get the charges dropped because YOU didn't chose to put it there.

McFeely

Huge Member

And this, boys and girls, is why you don’t drive a rental in a rural area after dark. Poor guy must’ve been scared to death! Too bad a rental doesn’t have outward pointing cameras.

Holy fawk.

Also, all of our wave 2 drivers deliver in rentals after dark. So sketchy.

It will be fine

And this, boys and girls, is why you don’t drive a rental in a rural area after dark. Poor guy must’ve been scared to death! Too bad a rental doesn’t have outward pointing cameras.
We have portable dash cams now for rentals.

fedx

Extra Large Package
My manager asked me to sign into the intranet and open a page with all kinds of stuff like seatbelts, texting, etc. I didn’t sign anything but she told me it was enough to just open it and look.

Later in the break room I found a sheet explaining the cameras.

I told my manager that I didn’t sign a thing and would contest it if it came to that. For me, the main concerns are where is the data, images stored, by whom and for how long?

Well I know of one large trucking company that had front facing cameras in their OTR trucks. There was a husband and wife team that drove for this company. Well as a couple, they would have sex in the bunk in front of the camera thinking it wouldn't be on unless they were in an accident. Turns out employees at the home terminal were watching the couple go at it. If I remember right, those watching even recorded it and passed it around at their company. Somehow the driving couple found out about it and sued their employer and got enough to retire. That company then removed the front facing cameras out of all their trucks as a result of the lawsuit. So the moral of the story is, don't trust any company to be good little stewards of your personal life.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

How often are rental trucks shot at in rural areas after dark?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I’m sure you know better than I. But I’m sure the chances are much better to be shot in a rental in someone’s driveway than in a marked FedEx truck.
You're more likely to be involved in an accident than shot at, and it's not even close. This guy wasn't shot at by the resident and wasn't shot at until he'd already left and was driving down the street.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're more likely to be involved in an accident than shot at, and it's not even close. This guy wasn't shot at by the resident and wasn't shot at until he'd already left and was driving down the street.
And your point is? I know only what I read in the article and but I also know people in the country are very wary when it comes to strangers in their driveway after dark.

MAKAVELI

More like a couple of good ol boys on a mission like the Arbery case.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If we wanted cameras trained on us all day we would have got into acting.

Most have nothing to hide, including me, but I believe this is going to separate the company from the people that actually work for it even more than before. Didn't know Fred was such a voyeur.

These ground trucks at this station now all have wide angle driver facing cameras installed of course infrared capable. Lots of the cameras didn't even work at night even when installed correctly (chinesium/bad camera hardware?). If you want to look at the features go and look yourself, GroundCloud VEDR - GroundCloud thanks to them using third parties that have to sell this.

Why go out your way to spend the extra money for a driver facing camera when the forward facing camera is sufficient for insurance claims? They already have enough ways they can terminate employment already. At night it's like you got the eye of Sauron on ya when its just you the camera and the bulkhead door..
I nominate @IntegradDropout for handle of the year

It’s not @SaladTosser but still pretty damn good

Say Mr Dropout what happened at integrad that made you want to drop out