In-Vehicle Express Cameras (On Topic/Information thread)

SmithBarney

I heard thru the grapevine (so, massive rumor alert goes here) that some stations have them installed for a while but they have been inactive but will activate soon. (Week or so)
ours are active, one guy keeps getting nailed for staring at his LEO or cell phone..

floridays

?

You mean to say that nothing happens in your life? I just express what I experience. I’m laid back, though. Pass the Xanax, please.
hav-a-Tampa.jpg
HAV-A-TAMPON,
Damn monthly bleeders, @falcon back

HedleyLamarr

Cameras arrived at my station last week. Have had one in my truck for a few days now, and it has had no effect on my driving habits. I honestly don't care anymore, lol. Yes, I chew sunflower seed while I drive, what's it to ya. There are other jobs that pay just as well as this out there.

falcon back

Cameras arrived at my station last week. Have had one in my truck for a few days now, and it has had no effect on my driving habits. I honestly don't care anymore, lol. Yes, I chew sunflower seed while I drive, what's it to ya. There are other jobs that pay just as well as this out there.
Go find one of those jobs. Maybe you will be happy. Highly doubtful

They are utilizing the Groundcloud VEDR (video event data recorder) cameras at our station. These cameras are not just wired to a switched 12v source power, they will get power from battery after ignition off and will continue to record for however long they want them set to. They are equipped with some sort of accelerometer and also know when you are in reverse. I agree with Fedex's use of the forward facing dashcam, as this can easily prove a claim that a courier was at no fault in a accident. The camera facing you however will only be good for being used against you.

99.9999% of the time.

The other .0001% is when you get in a wreck and it shows that you did pretty much everything you could to avoid it.

Still doesn't mean I like em.
If we wanted cameras trained on us all day we would have got into acting.

Most have nothing to hide, including me, but I believe this is going to separate the company from the people that actually work for it even more than before. Didn't know Fred was such a voyeur.

These ground trucks at this station now all have wide angle driver facing cameras installed of course infrared capable. Lots of the cameras didn't even work at night even when installed correctly (chinesium/bad camera hardware?). If you want to look at the features go and look yourself, GroundCloud VEDR - GroundCloud thanks to them using third parties that have to sell this.

Why go out your way to spend the extra money for a driver facing camera when the forward facing camera is sufficient for insurance claims? They already have enough ways they can terminate employment already. At night it's like you got the eye of Sauron on ya when its just you the camera and the bulkhead door..

Lates

Put the visor down
We did this for months have actually been warned in the last week it is no longer allowed. If they check the cameras and it is blocked after the third time you can be let go. Was told mechanics and managers are to check them everyday for any being covered.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We did this for months have actually been warned in the last week it is no longer allowed. If they check the cameras and it is blocked after the third time you can be let go. Was told mechanics and managers are to check them everyday for any being covered.
So what if you need to block the sun?

Serf

The sun in early Winter, especially after snow can be blindingly bright. Express can’t get ex cons to work here. Any mention of this should fall on deaf ears.