In-Vehicle Express Cameras (On Topic/Information thread)

Nolimitz

….but it focuses on the driver’s eyes to determine where the driver’s attention was.
How can you focus on the eyes when one day its a 6'2' male and the next a 4ft nothing gal..? seats move? drove a spare the other day and camera was mounted behind the back up cam. could not even see it sitting in drivers seat?

Star B

White Lightening
nnnauto.jpg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
How can you focus on the eyes when one day its a 6'2' male and the next a 4ft nothing gal..? seats move? drove a spare the other day and camera was mounted behind the back up cam. could not even see it sitting in drivers seat?
It’s called facial recognition. Welcome to the 21st century.

MassWineGuy

…FWIW,the video FDX has you watch and sign off on is the same one on Nauto’s own site….it does record all the time,but from that same video it seems implied that FDX (or any user of Nauto’s services) would have to pay more $$ for it to do the facial recognition,which is also what triggers the warning sounds from the device when you aren’t paying attention.
we’ve had them a month at our station now,and no one’s heard a peep out of the cameras,so I’m thinking FDX is paying only for the in/out recording and nothing more.

I don’t think the company bought the advanced AI facial recognition component.

Star B

White Lightening
I heard thru the grapevine (so, massive rumor alert goes here) that some stations have them installed for a while but they have been inactive but will activate soon. (Week or so)

McFeely

Huge Member
I’ve honestly got to imagine that ours don’t have the AI stuff turned on yet because I know at half of our staff would be fired already.

Star B

White Lightening
I’ve honestly got to imagine that ours don’t have the AI stuff turned on yet because I know at half of our staff would be fired already.
or mgmt doesn't care about it right now because they can't afford to fire more people and be short for peak......

MassWineGuy

LOL. More drama!!!!!!!!!

I’m just a dramatic guy.

Last night on my route I was driving on a dark, busy two lane road. There were few street lights. Suddenly, out of nowhere comes a guy on a bicycle going straight across the road about 20 feet in front of me. Of course, no light or reflectors. Nothing happened. But if it had, the camera may have been helpful.

falcon back

I’m just a dramatic guy.

Last night on my route I was driving on a dark, busy two lane road. There were few street lights. Suddenly, out of nowhere comes a guy on a bicycle going straight across the road about 20 feet in front of me. Of course, no light or reflectors. Nothing happened. But if it had, the camera may have been helpful.
High maintenance fella

falcon back

?

You mean to say that nothing happens in your life? I just express what I experience. I’m laid back, though. Pass the Xanax, please.
Seems like everyday you post about an event that gets you out of your comfort zone. You drive a truck and you will experience bad drivers, rude customers, crazy dogs and a shortage of bathrooms. We have all experienced those events and we lived to tell about it. Don't panic.