Informative video about why the current contract proposal sucks

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Its a defined benefit that helps the members save for retirement. Some people are good with money and some aren't. Pensions are a God send to a lot of men and women in this country. A lot of them are in crises now.
Exactly. I consistently hear the argument on here that "If the Company just gave me the money that they contribute to the pension on my behalf I could do so much better with it". Well, maybe you could and maybe you couldn't but I can guarantee you that an awful lot of your brothers and sisters would do a lot worse.

Tony Q

Exactly. I consistently hear the argument on here that "If the Company just gave me the money that they contribute to the pension on my behalf I could do so much better with it". Well, maybe you could and maybe you couldn't but I can guarantee you that an awful lot of your brothers and sisters would do a lot worse.
Or would spend every dime and once it comes time to actually retire, they would live off the government. People don't understand things till they are history.

CoffeeStainedUniform

Or would spend every dime and once it comes time to actually retire, they would live off the government. People don't understand things till they are history.
You guys make some good points but I DO make wise decisions with my money and I know that I can do more with it. I want all of us to be able to retire comfortably but pensions don't work as well/efficiently as 401ks do.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Only he knows what laws he has violated and some other people as well. What was okay when he did it will be judged down the road. Three years is a long time. When it's all said and done Fred could end up being the man again and the rightful GP of the Teamsters. You do know Fred beat your guy, right?
Huh? Ok lay the math out there for me. I’m sure you’ll screw that up too. You do TDU math? I’ll let you deal it out so you can be embarrassed later. Go a head. Prove your claim.
#22.4blows

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
I'm looking at article 34 and don't see why the contract should be passed just based off of article 34. Someone explain it in detail please we would like to know.

Tony Q

Huh? Ok lay the math out there for me. I’m sure you’ll screw that up too. You do TDU math? I’ll let you deal it out so you can be embarrassed later. Go a head. Prove your claim.
#22.4blows
Would you cry if he got kicked out of the Teamsters? Would this dash your heart to pieces? Fred will be the man if this all plays out. Only time will tell. Your loyalty might all go up in flames.

Tony Q

You guys make some good points but I DO make wise decisions with my money and I know that I can do more with it. I want all of us to be able to retire comfortably but pensions don't work as well/efficiently as 401ks do.
Making a good wage and not paying for your healthcare should enable you to invest quite a bit of money if you simply live within your means.

CoffeeStainedUniform

Making a good wage and not paying for your healthcare should enable you to invest quite a bit of money if you simply live within your means.
My point is that if the union(in the future obviously) takes the efforts spent to increase pensions and instead offers matched 401s, then it would have considerally more power to negotiate on other items.

wide load

Would you cry if he got kicked out of the Teamsters? Would this dash your heart to pieces? Fred will be the man if this all plays out. Only time will tell. Your loyalty might all go up in flames.
I really don’t care due to the simple fact that any transgressions that you may think happened occurred under the current administration. And what did they do? Ohhhh that’s right, NOTHING. So run with it! Do it. Go a head. Nothing you do is gonna change the fact that Sean is going to be our (including Tony 4Q) President. Still waiting on your math!

wide load

That'll do Donkey, that'll do!

Tony doesn't answer questions, EVER! Even when he says, "ask me a question I will answer," he chicken :censored2:s out!

He is like that scratch you got from the girl down the hall in college......never goes away!
You’re spot on! He talks nonsense like he knows what’s going on. It’s always vague. Anyone can guess.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am proud to be a union member in a right to work state. "Union leading wages etc." are worth every cent of my dues.

I just don't have faith in the infants growing up to run the union in 25 years or the 5 year olds who will be legislating my income on the government end. This contract goes a long way to make the Union strong but not necessarily the drivers who are in it.
I'm in a RTW state, and I guess I'm one of those "infants" that is going to be left trying to fix the mess the generation before me left behind. I don't have faith that the baby boomers running things are going to leave us with anything fixable.

I think we all deserve what's been promised to us, but the idea of a 30+ year job is dead. Corporate america destroyed it. According to BLS most workers will hold 12-15 jobs in their lifetime. That's just the world we live in now.

That's part of why pensions are dying...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Here is the first bomb to drop in an informative new series. Stay tuned. Be well and have an excellent evening. I am going to lower my Craftmatic adjustable bed and get some shut eye.
I thought this was parody, a joke, and that somebody else other than Tony Q posted it for some collective laughs.
It still is funny, I hope the guy posts a new video "haha guys I was just kidding vote no"

DirtySouth

I really don’t care due to the simple fact that any transgressions that you may think happened occurred under the current administration. And what did they do? Ohhhh that’s right, NOTHING. So run with it! Do it. Go a head. Nothing you do is gonna change the fact that Sean is going to be our (including Tony 4Q) President. Still waiting on your math!

Did Sean extort money from businesses in his local's jurisdiction for personal gain?

Did Sean send gifts from an employer to the GP's executive assistant (who runs the IBT when Hoffa is gone)?

Probably not. Sean's not an angel but he's opposing this bull:censored2:, concessionary contract and I'm behind him 100%.