Injury question, what to expect?

menotyou

bella amicizia
When the getters outnumber the givers…..So you think 50 an hour is SS rates?[/FONT][/SIZE]
Where would you get that? You stated a smart comment about public sector and $50 an hr in reference to NY being broke.
I merely informed you that that is untrue. They make about $22.
Worker's Comp is paid by your employer. Not the state. Unless, the company you work for cuts and runs, then NY is left holding the bag.
EVERY CHECK I RECEIVE STATES "BENEFIT PAID FOR BY UPS".
I do not receive one penny from NYS for anything.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
When the getters outnumber the givers…..So you think 50 an hour is SS rates?[/FONT][/SIZE]
Where would you get that? You stated a smart comment about public sector and $50 an hr in reference to NY being broke.
I merely informed you that that is untrue. They make about $22.
That is interesting, I happen to get a contractors newsletter that had an article about a company that bid a bridge repair job in NY. They got in a ton of crap because they paid less than the 50 mandated by the state. Will have to find it and post it.
Worker's Comp is paid by your employer. Not the state. Unless, the company you work for cuts and runs, then NY is left holding the bag.
EVERY CHECK I RECEIVE STATES "BENEFIT PAID FOR BY UPS".
I do not receive one penny from NYSE for anything.
That is partially true, UPS and all other employers (including me) pay into the workers comp fund, or in most states buy workers comp insurance. In the case of UPS, that is liberty mutual. Now, because they are so large, they can afford the hit of several large claims of workers comp, where smaller companies would not. So they pay liberty to pay the bills, and then liberty sends them the bill for the total, plus a percentage of the actual costs. So the check you get is from an insurance company who is taking care of your claim. UPS has no dealings with your workers comp claim, except to pay liberty for the costs. So while you get the check with "BENEFIT PAID FOR BY UPS", ups pays them, they pay you. With smaller companies, that might or might not be there on the check.

d

menotyou

bella amicizia
That is interesting, I happen to get a contractors newsletter that had an article about a company that bid a bridge repair job in NY. They got in a ton of crap because they paid less than the 50 mandated by the state. Will have to find it and post it.
That is partially true, UPS and all other employers (including me) pay into the workers comp fund, or in most states buy workers comp insurance. In the case of UPS, that is liberty mutual. Now, because they are so large, they can afford the hit of several large claims of workers comp, where smaller companies would not. So they pay liberty to pay the bills, and then liberty sends them the bill for the total, plus a percentage of the actual costs. So the check you get is from an insurance company who is taking care of your claim. UPS has no dealings with your workers comp claim, except to pay liberty for the costs. So while you get the check with "BENEFIT PAID FOR BY UPS", ups pays them, they pay you. With smaller companies, that might or might not be there on the check.

d
I have spoken with the UPS employee who cuts Liberty the checks for me. She is really nice. Liberty's attorneys are not. Neither are the UPS lawyers that show up to WORKER'S COMP COURT. I have looked them in the eye, told my lawyer to sit and listen, watched the judge laugh, and won my argument. So, I disagree about UPS' involvement.
Unfortunately, I have been in this precarious situation for too long. I have become very jaded.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Menot, Im sorry for you getting jaded. But life goes on. Each of us has our battle scars, some more than others.

I would be very suprised at UPS paying to have additional lawyers there. Liberty, ya betcha. Why would they when they already pay Liberty's lawyers to represent their best interests, and Liberty's lawyers do this day in and day out.

And they are a prime example of why someone wrote "I feel like I need to wash my hands after meeting one." Of course, I feel the same way about politicians.

d