Interesting Article About Teamsters Pension For All The Haters

bacha29

Well then please tell us all that you would have the same opinion of the company had you been hired after they did away with the pension.

You call people whiners or full of hate when you have no idea what it's like to be in their shoes. Again, you got yours so to hell with everyone else. You DID luck into a job that gave you a pension and you DID luck into being topped out in under 2 years. You have no idea what it is to be working for half of what they guy next to you is, yet you speak down to those who speak out.

You speak of hard work leading to where you are now. What makes your hard work more important than the countless other employees who came after you, who are getting nearly close the deal you got?

Call me a hater if you must but don't think for a second you'll ever convince me you weren't a benefactor of circumstance and hard work was all you needed.
Oldfart refuses to accept the fact that he was indeed a benefactor of circumstance. Among many is that X at the time had no real competition in the market it served and thus had a clear unobstructed pathway to Growth growth that accelerated when Smith decided to go public and brought in the investor class looking for growth. Also the USPS at the time had severe service quality problems Like wise there was no electronic media at the time and no internet A factor behind his decision to buy out RPS, Viking American Freightways and others in response to the need to get into parcel and motor freight. Yet he keeps trying to tell us that his hard work is solely responsible for the retirement security he constantly brags about and his constant adoration of that company masks his distrust of that company as well as continued hope that it will continue to support his retirement income needs going forward. As proof of that his only response is name calling and character assassination in an effort to hide his own insecurities.

bacha29

Apparently its pretty easy to get SS Disability now days. That's where all the SS money is going
Not necessarily . 74% of all first time adult disability claims are denied. But if you have a kid with "autism" it seems like they almost throw money at you.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not necessarily . 74% of all first time adult disability claims are denied. But if you have a kid with "autism" it seems like they almost throw money at you.

People with physical disabilities (especially injuries) have to fight to get anything but things like mental stress have few problems collecting.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Apparently its pretty easy to get SS Disability now days. That's where all the SS money is going
Like the 27 year old woman I met who thought it funny that she was able to get SSI because she had "anger management issues". She beat up a coworker while working at Walmart.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Like the 27 year old woman I met who thought it funny that she was able to get SSI because she had "anger management issues". She beat up a coworker while working at Walmart.
Truth-be-told though, if I worked at Wal-Mart I'd probably have to wail away on a few of my coworkers as well (along with several customers - a day) :crying:

rod

Retired 22 years

From the looks of the waiting room at my local SS office I would say 95% of them should have been denied. It looked like a meeting of the "we want everything for nothing" club.