Is there really a possibility of a strike?

jaker

trolling
With hoffa gagging I doubt there will be a strike unless hoffa decides to try to save his job

Last edited by a moderator:

Box Ox

The guy is 77 why wont he just die

2cdkf2o.jpg

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

If so why? I mean I understand this place sucks and everyone is overworked constantly but is there anything in particular that we are going to strike about? I don't understand what's different now than any other time I've worked here the past nearly 4 years

Bare minimum you shouldn't go backwards with the amount of money they are making so if that's what they offer then it is justifiable to strike!

Ghost in the Darkness

The company makes billions in profits off OUR backs. They want us to work 70hr/8 day workweeks. We are yearly bailing them out at peak for their lack of staffing. They cut routes the rest of the year so drivers are getting excessive overtime. They harass drivers who don't meet their numbers. They want to create their own hybrid delivery drivers, essentially subcontracting our work at a cheaper rate. We open that door it will never be closed. Drivers are held at a high standard, meanwhile we have incompetent sups and managers and technology that is either very limited or poorly programmed or both. We can't just come to work and do our jobs, have to come to work, do our jobs and babysit these idiots just to have a decent day. The company preaches safety yet will not agree to safety related issues unless it benefits them.
I could go on and on. The company makes billions in profits but wants to strongarm its most valuable asset. Maybe its just business and negotiating but are often made to feel like anything but a valuable asset.

john chesney

If so why? I mean I understand this place sucks and everyone is overworked constantly but is there anything in particular that we are going to strike about? I don't understand what's different now than any other time I've worked here the past nearly 4 years
I’m at 10 perfect chance because of union leadership not going to let it happen. If Fred Z was in there I’d be at 90 percent

john chesney

The company makes billions in profits off OUR backs. They want us to work 70hr/8 day workweeks. We are yearly bailing them out at peak for their lack of staffing. They cut routes the rest of the year so drivers are getting excessive overtime. They harass drivers who don't meet their numbers. They want to create their own hybrid delivery drivers, essentially subcontracting our work at a cheaper rate. We open that door it will never be closed. Drivers are held at a high standard, meanwhile we have incompetent sups and managers and technology that is either very limited or poorly programmed or both. We can't just come to work and do our jobs, have to come to work, do our jobs and babysit these idiots just to have a decent day. The company preaches safety yet will not agree to safety related issues unless it benefits them.
I could go on and on. The company makes billions in profits but wants to strongarm its most valuable asset. Maybe its just business and negotiating but are often made to feel like anything but a valuable asset.
If they held everyone to the expectations of drivers we’d be the only ones left in the place

opie

With hoffa gagging I doubt there will be a strike unless hoffa decides to try to save his job
I think he could be for a strike. He would love the attention. Be on national TV, press conferences and interviews etc. He would be salivating at the chance to talk with Megyn Kelly.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
93 wasn't exactly a wildcat. UPS dies what it always does best...find a loophole. They waited until the contract passed , then dropped the overweights in our face.

We were told during negotiations that UPS wasn't going to raise weights from 70 lbs. to 100. For once the company didn't lie, they were planning for 150 all along. UPS had already printed up new Rate and Zone Charts with 150 lbs., they expected us to deliver them by ourselves.

My prediction is that there isn't going to be a strike. We will continue working past the deadline with extensions until something gets worked out. I think the company will get weekend hybrid drivers that are new hires only. Everybody now working will be grandfathered in with their current positions. The company will give up something that doesn't cost anything, like giving in to beards and tattoos. Maybe we will get double-time after ten hours. The IBT really can't afford for us to strike. The volume we will lose will mean dues-paying members will lose their jobs so the IBT will lose money. In '97, UPS owned the small parcel market. The post office was slower and Fedex Ground and Amazon didn't exist. The competition is different now.

john chesney

I think he could be for a strike. He would love the attention. Be on national TV, press conferences and interviews etc. He would be salivating at the chance to talk with Megyn Kelly.
Come on 77 years old you think he thinking about Megan Kelly? He’s probably more interested in how his next bowl movement is going to go

john chesney

I hope you’re right though. I hope if I make it till 77 I’m still thinking I’d like to bend her over that chair

bbsam

Staff member
We were told during negotiations that UPS wasn't going to raise weights from 70 lbs. to 100. For once the company didn't lie, they were planning for 150 all along. UPS had already printed up new Rate and Zone Charts with 150 lbs., they expected us to deliver them by ourselves.

My prediction is that there isn't going to be a strike. We will continue working past the deadline with extensions until something gets worked out. I think the company will get weekend hybrid drivers that are new hires only. Everybody now working will be grandfathered in with their current positions. The company will give up something that doesn't cost anything, like giving in to beards and tattoos. Maybe we will get double-time after ten hours. The IBT really can't afford for us to strike. The volume we will lose will mean dues-paying members will lose their jobs so the IBT will lose money. In '97, UPS owned the small parcel market. The post office was slower and Fedex Ground and Amazon didn't exist. The competition is different now.
If you don’t strike, it only gets worse. At some point, doesn’t there have to be a reckoning? If not, what’s the point?