Is UPS really this bad to work for, or are people exaggerating??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by johnbirshire, Nov 14, 2006.

1. no_map_needed

no_map_needed Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

Holy Necro batman.

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Some people handle it better than others. Good place to work. No. Pay and benefits make up for the aggravation. Yes. Stay longer than you have to. No.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush All Encompassing Member

You’re working too hard. Follow the methods and the system and you should be healthy. Moving your body is good for you

4. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

In my experience, the ones that complain about their bodies falling apart are the ones who let this company run them into the ground. We’ve had a few lifetime runner gunners retire recently. They hobbled out after several surgeries. They figured out way too late the importance of following the methods.

5. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

All lies. This job rocks.

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I am so glad you revived this long dead thread. Just last night I was tossing and turning in bed wondering to myself. "God I wonder if everyone has the same experience as me!"

You're a life saver.

7. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

Easiest place to work ever. Just drink water.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

Slightly exaggerating.

9. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Purveyor of fine 2D bodies

Oh well, might as well...
    It sucks if you have a crappy local. Otherwise you're Accardo.

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like I need to hold out on your wife for a few days. You need it more than me right now

11. Some of us work everyday and we are tired when we go to bed...try it sometime

12. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

sometimes you get one of those frozen popcycles

13. 542thruNthru

Well with the hours you're working that shouldn't be difficult.

14. 542thruNthru

And in your case. You're tired after drinking your can of Ensure in the morning old man!

15. Gives me muscles like @BakerMayfield2018

16. wilberforce15

wilberforce15 Active Member

But a guy without a cell phone in the hub whose wife just went into labor is a different story.

They wonder where my morale went all of a sudden.

No forgiveness.

17. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

There's a lot of crap that I hate about this place. Crap that comes out of nowhere from all different places. Sups triflin,' awful load quality, going out blind on a junk route in a p1 to do stuff that's usually done in a p5, airhead distracted drivers who can and will ruin your day and possibly your job at any second, weather, old trucks held together by a string because the company won't give trucks to the centers that need themwhile others pile up and collect dust, the desperate housewives who obsess over every single move I make in their neighborhood as I'm driving the speed limit and just trying to do my job .
    Co workers; incessant complainers who usually get what they want because the squeaky wheel.......the wierdos who get off on f'ing with people and the route tree, ass kissers, the talkers (we all know one, just shut up and let me work dude), the "bumper" who's like 2 spots ahead of me and knows all the same routes and ensures that I do the crappier option every single time.
    The financial stability free insurance, exercise, and ability to work alone will keep me here for a long time. I don't think I could make 20 years even if I wanted to (I don't). But yeah, we EARN our checks every single day, every single minute we're on the clock. I get mad all the time, but I get over it really really fast. Next stop. Keep moving.
    I think we can all say that as hard and crappy as this job is, it gives a lot in return, not just monetarily. We stay sharp cause we have to.

18. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Purveyor of fine 2D bodies

Grieve, stupid.

19. Casca

Casca Member

Be realistic.....Its a great PT job......Its a job..not a career.......Not meant for FT work......Its your responsibility if you waste your life and stay too long as an hourly.......

20. Gman33909

Gman33909 Member

Making 40+ an hour is not a career wtf you doing?