Is UPS really this bad to work for, or are people exaggerating??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by johnbirshire, Nov 14, 2006.

1. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

This is why I am happy jobs are rebid bi-annually in our local and region

Because as often as supervisors or management people are shifted, union should also have that ability to move around. Get stuck with the wrong management "team" with little to no options for movement, must be brutal.

2. twoweeled

twoweeled Well-Known Member

You must be referring to Feeder. YMMV Package, your still under the same management because your still in the same center?? Feeder you can move to another building and another management team. I learned dealing with management is just part of the job. Always at war, just a matter of when and why. I always worked out of Fallujah Center.

3. twoweeled

And the first thing their manager would do, is make sure to punch them out and code the timecard. A little hyperbolic I realize, but not too far fetched.

4. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

our local we can bid between six buildings, something like 12 centers....feeders, package, 22.3 22.2 FT, all bid bi-anually. i have only switched bids one time due to wanting new bosses.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Jeez, Tal. You win the necropost of the month award.

And now, look at all these others falling for it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Falling for what? It makes no difference in my life whether the OP's post was from 5 minutes ago or years ago. :D

7. twoweeled

I agree with a lot of what you say. Not totally sure about all. It sounds like you were upper management, and maybe you micromanaged?? Asking! I wonder if your subordinates felt as you; "You can be micromanaged from above and still treat your people well." I assume you micromanaged a bit, and they were micromanaged. My point is, you both may have had different perspectives on the micromanaging?
    If you managed during the early 80's, that was a different time from my perspective. I really don't know if management's perspective was similar to ours (hourly). Assuming you retired awhile back, I think you'd be a little surprised/disappointed in what management and operations are doing now. I've never seen management cutting each others throats, like now.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  8. sweetUPS

sweetUPS New Member

Most people on here have horrible things to say, yet they have been working there for a decade, but they don't want ton to work there or try and scare you by only telling you the horrible things to see if your gonna back out. Basically, I believe it's hard work, however, if you put your mind to working. Hard, you can do it, working is better than not working. And if an individual is trying to get a job vs running the streets, go for it! Most of the comments won't even relate to your question.

9. davidix

davidix Active Member

I think working in the hub is probably the easiest job there is in terms of stress. No matter what the day comes to an end. You decide if you want to kill yourself or pace yourself. If you get sick call in. You will not be fired. I repeat...you can literall take 3 days off and sleep like a baby because they need people that bad.

If you want to become a driver even better. There is literally zero competition. Just look at the people around you.

As a driver yeah life is tough. But max pay is a light at the end of the tunnel. Put your head down and make that money.

10. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

How is it a newbie drags out a 2011 thread?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Especially from someone such as yourself who does not work here and signed up just to ask questions for his bestie girlfriend.

12. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

2006 thread just to be clear

13. sweetUPS

sweetUPS New Member

Well I didn't look at how old the thread was. I responded to a post that was posted a few days days ago.

14. sweetUPS

sweetUPS New Member

Exactly

15. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

All true. Period

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

@Talmadge Williams Jr. retired before the strike and thinks he was worked like a mule. LMFAO

17. trex007

trex007 New Member

18. trex007

trex007 New Member

just because you have never seen sexism at UPS, that doesn't mean it isn't there. some have experienced it.

19. trex007

trex007 New Member

20. trex007

trex007 New Member

some may have good experience, some don't. just because you had good experience, that doesn't mean everyone must acknowledge that UPS is a good place to work. some don't have good experience and i'm sure they have their own legitimate reasons as you have your own legitimate reason for good experience at UPS.