It's all over!

clean hairy

Actually we are in good shape. No weather problems, Next Day Airs are on time. Lots of rentals with veteran drivers in them, a Safety Committee member came bailed out my PVD this afternoon. I usually get my last stops off by dark, which is fine with me. I don't care about overtime. My biggest gripe is wasting a lot of my time babysitting my PVD. She wants to work, just doesn't have the vehicle to do it. I meet her and dump everything in a parking lot, and I have to load half of it back up until she comes meets me again. I have to deliver her oversizes too, I probably waste an hour of my time everyday.
Ratchet strap a couple oversize onto the roof of the car

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeap, it felt good a few years back when I hit full pension. If I got fired for something it would be nothing but a blessing is the way I look at it. I'm finalizing my plans now, I just need to pick a date.

To get fired at this point in your career would be anything but a blessing-----it would be a black stain on an otherwise stellar career.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The last week of peak they relax the commit times an hour and a half I believe. But right now we are getting NDA and holding it all for the next day. No NDA is being serviced on the day it's supposed to be delivered. Customers expecting critical care packages aren't happy about it.

Beginning 12/16 commits will be 90 minutes relaxed.

BeachBoy

30,000 packages rolled today, but...
Leaving the hub, walking past the centers boxlines, continuous stacks of packages that would not fit onto package cars. This is rapidly turning into a logistical nightmare. Last night, i went in early to get a jump start on irregs, decided it was more important to get send agains off the package cars. This in turn flooded out the sort aisles who were already dealing with rolled trailers and woefully inadequate staffing.
Cut to 10 hours later, when a woman from HR came in and walked down the the sort aisle telling us that if we wanted to work as helpers we could make $18 an hour or $21 an hour as pvd. I said to her, 12 or 13 hours a day is enough for me, and why would I want to take a pay cut? She screamed at me "I am just letting you know"!
I'm working my ass off but have zero stress. It's not my job that's at stake.

specter208

30,000 packages rolled today, but...
Leaving the hub, walking past the centers boxlines, continuous stacks of packages that would not fit onto package cars. This is rapidly turning into a logistical nightmare. Last night, i went in early to get a jump start on irregs, decided it was more important to get send agains off the package cars. This in turn flooded out the sort aisles who were already dealing with rolled trailers and woefully inadequate staffing.
Cut to 10 hours later, when a woman from HR came in and walked down the the sort aisle telling us that if we wanted to work as helpers we could make $18 an hour or $21 an hour as pvd. I said to her, 12 or 13 hours a day is enough for me, and why would I want to take a pay cut? She screamed at me "I am just letting you know"!
I'm working my ass off but have zero stress. It's not my job that's at stake.
What hubs are you guys at with these horror stories? Everything seems to be going well at my center.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
We had one center in our building with 400 late air. Were not even that heavy here lol.
We have been starting preload at midnight to 1am every day this week and we aren't getting drivers out the building till well after 10-10:30. Today their start time was 10am. Didn't start leaving till 10:40

rod

Retired 22 years
We have been starting preload at midnight to 1am every day this week and we aren't getting drivers out the building till well after 10-10:30. Today their start time was 10am. Didn't start leaving till 10:40

FedEx was at my house by 7:30 a.m. I'm assuming they are rolling packages also but as long as you are going to do that why not let the drivers leave at a reasonable time like they do. Eventually you will catch up and in the meantime the drivers are out delivering early.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I do preload, when I was walking in at 11:30 one of the drivers I know was walking out. I have a package now still out for delivery. I don't even know if it was loaded on the truck tbh the loaders they got where my areas car is are crap. Usually he is here by now, hopefully I can find it when I go in for send agains.