Just wanted to thank the Union.

kingOFchester

Thanks for keeping the rank and file up to date on negotiations. I understand there is good reason not to update every minute and every step, but even a "We are making process, should have more info in the next few days" would help.

Let us know if you are making process. Give us an idea how much of the issues have been settled. Let us know if UPS is not bending. We pay dues, and for me, my dues are for the contract that they negotiate. I am sure there will be a point where I will need the union for a work related issue, but for the most part I need you to negotiate a fair contract. And I think we deserve more communication then what we are getting.

Come on, give us something.

And whats with all the threads getting locked???

neartom

Would not be this way if members had gotten off their as$$s and voted Hoffa/Hall out in the last General election. Less than 40 percent of the ballots were sent back in.

rudy5150

Our union is pathetic, Hall and Hoffa already stated that harassment will never go away at UPS. Basically just get used to it they said. Really? Arent unions supposed to look out for the safety and work enviroment their workers are exposed to on a daily basis? Being harassed daily is not healthy and can be very stressful yet the union allows it. If that is their position on that us teamsters need to focus strictly on the economics of this contract.....thats all that matter. Its obvious whats going on here talk about sleeping with the enemy

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our union is pathetic, Hall and Hoffa already stated that harassment will never go away at UPS. Basically just get used to it they said. Really? Arent unions supposed to look out for the safety and work enviroment their workers are exposed to on a daily basis? Being harassed daily is not healthy and can be very stressful yet the union allows it. If that is their position on that us teamsters need to focus strictly on the economics of this contract.....thats all that matter. Its obvious whats going on here talk about sleeping with the enemy

The problem is can u define harassment? It's different for each person.

stink219

Would not be this way if members had gotten off their as$$s and voted Hoffa/Hall out in the last General election. Less than 40 percent of the ballots were sent back in.
Yes, sandy would have been amazing? Lmfao!! She blew 1.5 million and her local is in ruins. She had 1006 members. You want her in change of 1.4 million people? God help us!!

Really?????? Sandy Pope would have gone balls deep on ups?? Ups would have bent over Sandy Pope and gone farther than balls deep. It's so easy to be an armchair quarterback. hall has tons of experience in contract negotiation but a couple of guys from the brown cafe could all do better. This is the problem that I see all through members. They think they know but in all actuality they make 32 bucks an hour and think they are Republicans. You have no clue what it takes to be involved and you make so much money you are above being involved. You aren't a Teamster you are a Tea Party guy.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Give our negotiating team time they just went back to the table Monday. Time is on our side the big customers need to know their shipments will not be disrupted.Stay the course and if you like a little prayer would not hurt.

stink219

Really?????? Sandy Pope would have gone balls deep on ups?? Ups would have bent over Sandy Pope and gone farther than balls deep. It's so easy to be an armchair quarterback. hall has tons of experience in contract negotiation but a couple of guys from the brown cafe could all do better. This is the problem that I see all through members. They think they know but in all actuality they make 32 bucks an hour and think they are Republicans. You have no clue what it takes to be involved and you make so much money you are above being involved. You aren't a Teamster you are a Tea Party guy.
Hell yes!!!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Yes, sandy would have been amazing? Lmfao!! She blew 1.5 million and her local is in ruins. She had 1006 members. You want her in change of 1.4 million people? God help us!!
Oh, like Hoffa is so much better. You are such a Hoffa nazi. Goose stepping right behind him, aren't you?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The difference would be that Sandy Pope would show some balls and would have probably walked away from negotiations at this point (IMHO).
4.38 billion in profits and UPS wants concessions. Right TDU is evil, for not accepting this garbage. I was hoping for more from Hoffa/Hall but they are doing what I expected them to do fromt the start. Keeping us in the dark, and we will have concessions. Just wait for it.

stink219

No. I'm not a Hoffa kiss ass like you are with your 97 corpse. I am however a hall fan. I'm a Sean O'Brien fan also. You however have had resentment since your corpse got tossed for bribery, embezzlement and lying. Ask the White Rose workers and the Warehouse devision what they think of your dead guy. Oh that's right, most of them lost their homes cuz of him. Local 138 took a beating because of it. White Rose fired everyone. Carey approved a shameful deal that transferred 425 jobs to mob controlled NJ local at a major decrease in wages. And you think Hoffa sold us out? Call up Carey and ask him yourself.

stink219

Funny thing is Real, I didn't mind Carey, but I love to give you a taste of your TDU meds. Sandy Pope couldn't hold a candle to Ronnie. Stick up to UPS? Hahaha. Then our international would be belly up just like hers. Just because you feel that she would "walk away" do you think she is qualified to run the international? Do you really think she was the best person for the job?