Last. Best. Final.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
So his computer sucks?....lol
No long time part timer thinks that. Not sure why you think they do.

Move to a different state really? If you don’t like something about your job then why don’t you just quit ups and work somewhere else. If you don’t like something the government does then why don’t you just leave the USA and live somewhere else the options are endless SMH.
I mean everything you said it true. If I didn’t like working for ups I would go somewhere else

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
They’re :censored2:ing idiots. Instead of training it’s employees to do those position. They rather do it themselves and risk getting filed on.
It’s dangerous up there. I hear many hubrats don’t want to go because control overrides when you turn off the belt and turns it back on. Others just plain don’t want to work, lol. I always volunteer for it, it’s the easiest money one will make up there when it gets backed up and they still don’t put me up there. They don’t care about getting filed on because I think I am the only person on my sort that actively files for them working. I’ve heard people are afraid they might lose their jobs for filing, lol. I’ve explained to them if it was true I’d be gone a long time ago.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
It’s dangerous up there. I hear many hubrats don’t want to go because control overrides when you turn off the belt and turns it back on. Others just plain don’t want to work, lol. I always volunteer for it, it’s the easiest money one will make up there when it gets backed up and they still don’t put me up there. They don’t care about getting filed on because I think I am the only person on my sort that actively files for them working. I’ve heard people are afraid they might lose their jobs for filing, lol. I’ve explained to them if it was true I’d be gone a long time ago.

What’s funny is that you’ll get labeled a trouble maker for filing, yet it’s the company who’s violating the rules lol

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
This part time thing seems simple to me; you get hired you have the option, $20/hr with benefits after whatever, 30, 45, 60 days. Or 30/hr no benefits. Once a year, like most companies, an open enrollment period. So you can opt to go from 30/hr to 20/hr with benefits. No option to go from 20 to 30 though. Problem solved, make a bit of pocket money and have benefits or make a bit more carrying cash if you know you're going to be shorter term employee.

TheWeasel

This part time thing seems simple to me; you get hired you have the option, $20/hr with benefits after whatever, 30, 45, 60 days. Or 30/hr no benefits. Once a year, like most companies, an open enrollment period. So you can opt to go from 30/hr to 20/hr with benefits. No option to go from 20 to 30 though. Problem solved, make a bit of pocket money and have benefits or make a bit more carrying cash if you know you're going to be shorter term employee.
This wouldn't work as far as I know because PT insurance subsidizes FT.

PT is filled with 20 something college kids who do 3-5hours of hard exercise 5 days a week. They are the last people you'd see actually using the health plan. Take them off and now the only people on the health plan are old dudes with knee problems and families. FT would have to actually start paying for their insurance and that would NOT fly.

Theoretically that applies to pensions as well, but I am not sure if the PT and FT plans draw from the same fund or if it is separated.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
This wouldn't work as far as I know because PT insurance subsidizes FT.

PT is filled with 20 something college kids who do 3-5hours of hard exercise 5 days a week. They are the last people you'd see actually using the health plan. Take them off and now the only people on the health plan are old dudes with knee problems and families. FT would have to actually start paying for their insurance and that would NOT fly.

Theoretically that applies to pensions as well, but I am not sure if the PT and FT plans draw from the same fund or if it is separated.
Or we could make other companies that UPS subsidies pay more too?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
From what my sources say ups had no issue paying the money. The issue came up with new jobs the teamsters wanted in the years to come. At first ups said yes we are there, then they came back and got cold feet. Again not for the money aspect but for the job creation. Could be maybe they see a downturn in volume and don’t think it’s possible. Whatever the reason yea. Take it how you will.