Last. Best. Final.

I work at a very large hub we have over 250, 22.3 jobs and we could probably add 250 more easily. Throughout much of the last contract, double shifting was common almost all the time.
100% believe that. I see it all the time, it's amazing how meticulously they keep track of how many jobs they create.

Thebrownblob

Think of the money saved in training and retraining. No idea where the break-even point is, but there's a line where FT is just cheaper overall.
And I don’t even think it would be that unflexible because full-timers go home a lot of times when asked as well. Waving their guarantee.

TheDudeAbides92

Anyone who thinks there’s gonna be a strike is a simpleton. Likely that a contract was agreed to years ago and you’ll know what it is at the last second. Hell last time it got voted down and they still forced it through. Whole thing is a complete farce

Anyone who thinks there’s gonna be a strike is a simpleton. Likely that a contract was agreed to years ago and you’ll know what it is at the last second. Hell last time it got voted down and they still forced it through. Whole thing is a complete farce
"Simpleton" is a bit strong, "years ago" is ten shades of stupid, and that loophole of imposing contracts is gone.

That said, I agree that we won't walk.

Thebrownblob

"Simpleton" is a bit strong, "years ago" is ten shades of stupid, and that loophole of imposing contracts is gone.

That said, I agree that we won't walk.
Yes, I don’t think we’re walking either, and I could even agree that there is a deal worked out minus a few details, but it definitely wasn’t worked out years ago lol