Local 710 Tentative Agreement Details

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are correct, but even though an option week is time off, it is different than a vacation.

In the Central, we used to get 5 sick days on top of our vacations. These days were negotiated into an option week, eliminating the 5 separate sick days.

So we got an extra week off, but lost any sick days. I'm sure the same thing happened in 710. So still only 3 weeks of "vacation" after 8 years, plus an option week negotiated in lieu of sick days.
Tell them about "single day vacations" in the Central Region???

babboo25

Banned
Here it's

1- 1 week vacation and 1 option week
3 - 2 weeks
5 - 3 weeks
10 - 4 weeks
20 - 5 weeks
25 - 6 weeks

The 7th week is nice but it just seem like 15 years is a long wait for that 3rd week.
Not sure where you’re getting 15 years/3 weeks. All of our vacations are paid at 50 hours.

specter208

If you're referring to 710, still prohibited.

Article 1 Section 2 did not change.

If you're referring to the NMUPSA, still prohibited.

Article 6 Section 1 did not change.
Thank you! I was referring to the NMUPSA. For some reason though the tentative agreement skips over Article 6.1-3

542thruNthru

Not sure where you’re getting 15 years/3 weeks. All of our vacations are paid at 50 hours.

Sorry I hit 3 when I meant 4 weeks.

8 years for 3 and 15 years for 4 weeks seems very long is all I thought.

Screenshot_20181223-194531.png

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Tell them about "single day vacations" in the Central Region???

If we have at least 3 weeks of vacation, 8 years or more, we can split up to 2 weeks into single days, or blocks of 2 or 3 days at a time.

So, we can have 10 individual paid days off (plus 2 individual option days) if we want, but then it leaves only 1 week of vacation plus an option week for an 8 to 15 year employee.

It may be nice to get some paid days off here and there, but it only leaves 2 weeks to be taken as full weeks if we take the maximum allotted single days.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You’re not in 710 or 705 so why would you need to see either contract?

I think it's interesting to compare and contrast different supplements.

With the 705 and 710 contracts, it's readily apparent.... there are not any

significant differences between them and the National Master (regional supplements)

as "some" would have you believe.

One major drawback to both 705 and 710's contracts, are after a Local Level

hearing.... it's straight to arbitration. That is a huge financial burden to a Local.

Are you going to arbitrate harassment grievances (that have no monetary

penalty) or supe working grievances for a claim of $20 ?

Get a life

Got one.

It's "better than most.... but, not as good as a few." :biggrin:

Just got reworded a bit. They always had that.

Current contract.

ARTICLE 45 LEAVE OF ABSENCE

Section 1

The Employer agrees to grant the necessary time off, without discrimination or loss of seniority rights and without pay, to any Employee designated by the Union to attend a labor convention or serve in any capacity or other official business, provided forty-eight (48) hours written notice is given to the Employer by the Union, specifying length of time off.

The Union agrees that, in making its request for time off for Union activities, due consideration shall be given to the number of Employees affected in order that there shall be no disruption of the Employer’s operations due to lack of available Employees.

Nice.

It's been a long time since I've looked.

Technically there are no 22.4's..Just hybrid 25.13's.

They're both the same thing.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In the Central, we used to get 5 sick days on top of our vacations. These days were negotiated into an option week, eliminating the 5 separate sick days.

Umm.... kind of.

Prior to 1973, there were 6 paid Holidays and 1 optional Holiday. (no sick days)

1973-76, there were 2 option days and 3 sick days.

1976-79, there were 2 option days and 3 sick days.... with 3 choices on

how to use them. (including the 2 or 3 day increments)

In 1979 (first year of the National Master)

We gained an additional Holiday (New Years eve) and the "option week"....

while still retaining the 2 option days.

This is just provided as information.... as I have all the contracts dating back

to March 10, 1968. (and that was prior to the Central Region)

-Bug-

Crosscutters

In central pa it is...
1 yr. 1 wk
2 yr. 2 wk
9 yr. 3 wk
15 yr. 4 wk
20 yr. 5 wk
25 yr. 6 wk

You also earn 5 optional days and 5 sick days after your 5th year.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
One major drawback to both 705 and 710's contracts, are after a Local Level

hearing.... it's straight to arbitration. That is a huge financial burden to a Local.
....and the BA's don't get to travel to Clearwater, Florida in January, Denver in the spring, or Traverse City in August for Regional Panels, as well as equally centralized locations like Washington DC, San Diego, or Seattle for National Panels.

But hey, there's always the Unity Conference in Las Vegas?
Are you going to arbitrate harassment grievances (that have no monetary

penalty) or supe working grievances for a claim of $20 ?
Here our BA's settle supervisor working grievances for a dime on a dollar, netting you about $2 on a $20 claim and settle harassment grievances as a "matter of record" (if they even get heard at all)....so no problem, right???

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
....and the BA's don't get to travel to Clearwater, Florida in January, Denver in the spring, or Traverse City in August for Regional Panels

I don't set the schedule.

It's mutually agreed to by the company, and the elected officials.

St. Pete (boring)

Denver.... better.

St.Louis (don't want to get shot)

Traverse City has opportunity's. (fishing, golf, etc.)

as well as equally centralized locations like Washington DC, San Diego, or Seattle for National Panels.

Even worse.... stuck in a Hotel....

Realizing, your case is not going to be heard for another 2 days.

WWBD ?

(what would @Bubblehead do)

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't set the schedule.

It's mutually agreed to by the company, and the elected officials.

St. Pete (boring)

Denver.... better.

St.Louis (don't want to get shot)

Traverse City has opportunity's. (fishing, golf, etc.)

Even worse.... stuck in a Hotel....

Realizing, your case is not going to be heard for another 2 days.

WWBD ?

(what would @Bubblehead do)

-Bug-
Bubblehead would for sure make the best of a good situation.

When I was in Washington DC in 2016 for my National Panel case, during my two day wait, I went to a Nationals game, Arlington Cemetery, the Lincoln Memorial, both Vietnam and Korean War Walls, the Jefferson Monument, the Washington Monument, and the White House.

When I win next Fall we'll hook up and I'll show you how to enjoy yourself after the grueling half day panels?

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bubblehead would for sure make the best of a good situation.

When I was in Washington DC in 2016 for my National Panel case, during my two day wait, I went to a Nationals game, Arlington Cemetery, the Lincoln Memorial, both Vietnam and Korean War Walls, the Jefferson Monument, the Washington Monument, and the White House.

On your own "dime".

Prove that to the members.... :biggrin: