Local 710 Tentative Agreement Details

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Sure why not, laugh as I walked away also. His own fault for not knowing his contract, hey I’ll go on some work forum and ask the resident good somaritan know it alls what my contract says. Sad

I do my best at knowing the relevant parts of my contract. I'm also much newer than many of you folks, and part time. Still getting my footing here.

The 2/3's rule is not part of the contract, so it is lack of knowledge of the IBT constitution. Yes. I need to pay more attention to that stuff.

Now you twist my words. Not cool.

I did not "go on some work forum and ask the resident good somaritan know it alls what my contract says".

I asked my BA questions at the last union meeting we had. And he gave me bad information.

For the record, I am the guy who uploaded his copy of the contract that they mailed out to try to help others out. I have read it multiple times. I'm not someone you can accuse of apathy.

Doing the best I can here, and not afraid to admit I don't know everything yet. But I'm here to learn, and your attitude towards that is abysmal. Have a great weekend.

BuckyBadger

Sure why not, laugh as I walked away also. His own fault for not knowing his contract, hey I’ll go on some work forum and ask the resident good somaritan know it alls what my contract says. Sad
sure...let's badmouth the new guy and give a free pass to the BA, who IS SUPPOSED to know, and in fact IS GETTING REIMBURSED to know.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We need new business agents.
Appreciate the info. Looked it up, and you're correct.

Specifically asked my BA about this, and he said it did not apply.

CONSTITUTION & BYLAWS

of the HIGHWAY DRIVERS, DOCKMEN, SPOTTERS, RAMPMEN, MEAT PACKING HOUSE AND ALLIED PRODUCTS DRIVERS AND HELPERS, OFFICE WORKERS AND MISCELLANEOUS EMPLOYEES

LOCAL UNION NO. 710

AFFILIATED WITH THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS

ARTICLE 29 International Constitution

The Local Union acknowledges that the Constitution of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters supersedes any provisions of these Bylaws herewith or hereinafter adopted which may be inconsistent with such Constitution. The Local Union hereby readopts, as its Constitution, such International Constitution, and incorporates herein by reference, as though fully set forth herein, all such provisions of such Constitution, as it may be interpreted, modified, or amended from time to time, which are applicable to Local Union matters and affairs, and shall perform all duties imposed upon a Local Union by such Constitution. Neither this Local Union, nor any of its officers, business representatives or employees, has the power to make any contract or agreement nor to incur any liability which shall be binding upon the International Union or any of its affiliates other than this Local Union unless the written consent of the governing body or executive officer thereof has first been obtained authorizing such action. Neither this Local Union nor any of its officers, representatives or employees has been authorized or empowered to act as an agent of the International or any of its affiliated bodies and shall not be deemed an agent for any such body unless expressly authorized in writing by the governing body or executive officer of such body to act in that capacity. No agreement or contract shall be binding upon this Local Union unless executed and delivered by its duly authorized officers, and a contract or agreement for personal services shall not be binding beyond the expiration of the term of the Executive Board at the time such contract or agreement is made. This shall not prevent a Local Union Executive Board from entering into a bona fide collective bargaining agreement with another union covering Local Union employees, subject to the requirements of Article XXII, Section 2(b) of the International Constitution.

Section 4. Strike Procedure

If a settlement cannot be reached in connection with the negotiation or modification of a collective bargaining agreement between the members of this Local Union and an employer after the officers have used reasonable means of achieving a settlement through the processes of collective bargaining, the matter shall be subject to the strike procedure, conditions and qualifications set forth in the International Constitution. The Executive Board may, in its discretion, provide that the strike vote be limited to the members employed in a particular division, craft or place of employment. In cases where area-wide or conference-wide agreements are involved, it is understood that the specified majorities of the members covered by such agreements must vote to strike as set forth in Article XII, Sections 1 or 2 of the International Constitution, and in such event, such strike vote shall apply to this Local Union, irrespective of the individual vote of this Local Union on that question.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It passed overwhelming.

What happened to all the NO votes we were reading about?

People over-estimate the "power" of the internet and facebook.

A prime example is BrownCafe.

Recent thread topics include "what did you have for lunch" ?

And, "where do you poop." ?

Worst part is.... people respond, and discuss it.

The majority of the members aren't involved, and could care less.

babboo25

Banned
Look at “the corner bar” forum, that group is on here 24/7, it makes you wonder about their mental health. Why not just set up a group text, it would be so much easier for them. I mainly use this site for the homepage articles but for whatever reason click on forums occasionally, big mistake.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well...headed for a recession anyways....already a bear market. More fed hikes on the way...tarrif war....government shutdown . Just my observation.....when people see their 401k's start to nosedive it creates fear. Like I said...710 contract will pass easily I think. Not saying it's a good contract....just not bad enough to get the no votes needed.
If you think the market will crash or we are going to go into a recession of some sort, wouldn't you re position your 401k to avoid losing so much? Like throw it all into a bright horizon fund or something?

F

Frankie's Friend

Look at “the corner bar” forum, that group is on here 24/7, it makes you wonder about their mental health. Why not just set up a group text, it would be so much easier for them. I mainly use this site for the homepage articles but for whatever reason click on forums occasionally, big mistake.
The Corner Bar thread is not near as offensive as the Current Events Forum.
Anyone participating in the corner bar thread on here degrading your mental health?