Local 710 Tentative Agreement Details

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BadIdeaGuy, Dec 22, 2018.

1. HollandMan73

HollandMan73 Member

Well...headed for a recession anyways....already a bear market. More fed hikes on the way...tarrif war....government shutdown . Just my observation.....when people see their 401k's start to nosedive it creates fear. Like I said...710 contract will pass easily I think. Not saying it's a good contract....just not bad enough to get the no votes needed.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  2. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

Had a 710 representative in our building, he didn't sound real confident that it's passing.

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What seem to be the hold ups?

Vote date?

4. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

Voting will be revealed Jan 11th according to him. I asked him if it would just get pushed through away, and he didn't respond

5. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

After hearing how many of my coworkers haven’t taken the trouble to vote... I think we will be in the same boat as the national

6. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

Everybody but the four five guys that didn't get ballots voted in my building

7. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

“Everybody”? I hope so. We’ll see

8. babboo25

babboo25 Well-Known Member

710 has never hit the 50% threshold, very few in my building have voted, those who have voted Yes, as did I

9. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Active Member

BS. Don't believe you. There really isn't a strong reason to vote yes. There is a strong reason (combo drivers) to vote no.

While a minority of workers in my center have voted, everyone has "said" they voted no.

Also, it is my understanding that we do not have the 50% threshold language here in 710.

10. Brownslave688

You covered under the national IBT constitution?

Then you have the 50% language.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. babboo25

We have same language as the national, 50%

12. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

I'm confused...I thought 710, 705 were separate from the national?

13. Only for the UPS contract .They still have the same Teamster rules governing them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Brownslave688

Like Gumby said for your individual contract yes. The same rules that govern the international still govern you though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Active Member

We need new business agents.
    Appreciate the info. Looked it up, and you're correct.

Specifically asked my BA about this, and he said it did not apply.

16. Brownslave688

Yeah there’s really no excuse for that at that level after everything that’s happened the last 6 months.

17. babboo25

I said 50% on here weeks ago

18. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Active Member

I'd sooner trust my BA.
    I believe both Brownslave688, and IVEGOTTAPACKAGE4U, because based on their posts, they seem to be both knowledgeable, and fair.

Your post history, and my past dealings with you have left me with the understanding that you are a "Yes vote" shill.

19. babboo25

My past dealings with you left me with the understanding that you know nothing about your own contract and rely on strangers to interpret it for you.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. babboo25

Maybe BA didn’t tell him about the 50% rule because he didn’t want to discourage anyone from voting.