management buyout offer ( retirement ) coming today...

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Guitarpicker, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Guitarpicker

Guitarpicker New Member

Rumors / News of a UPS management buyout will be made - " transformation" - will target non-operational employees that are 55 or older... will be made public today

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Management brains are non operational

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. PackageManager

PackageManager New Member

if eligible email received. Full announcement tomorrow

4. Guitarpicker

Guitarpicker New Member

basically if you fall under " operations" - you will not be offered a package - if you are 55 and older - staff function ( HR- Security- IE - Automotive - Business Development ) you be offered a incentive to leave... 3 months plus one week for every year of service up to 25 years ( so 25 weeks) - any remaining vacation is also added - prorated MIP based off an average MIP of 83% ( from last 5 years average) - you get a packet mailed - review - sign - return - you will given a date of separation - could be as early as August or as late as into 2019... not sure about how anyone else feels - but as usual - the operator gets the shaft... so disappointed in what we have become.

5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Karma.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

I thought it was tomorrow?

7. Old Man Jingles

Essential personnel?

8. Fenris

Fenris Active Member

Press release was to go out at 4:00 EDT today and on UPSers at 3:45 with E-mail to those eligible prior.

9. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

You're out of the loop. You thought wrong

10. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

11. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

The UPS transformation is positioning the company to react to record growth in demand for Amazon logistics services. This is the first of several new initiatives. The company is also streamlining work processes through technology for greater staff stress and raising operating costs through increase investment in its global smart high turnover UPS part time employee logistics network. UPS expects its transformation initiatives to reduce resources to lower customers’ experience, lower revenue growth, a reduction in full time management employees career opportunities , will continue to provide shareowner returns.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  12. Old Man Jingles

13. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

For anyone that had already decided to or was seriously considering retiring in the next 12 months, this will simply ensure they actually leave by giving them a financial incentive to lock it in with the company. For those 55+ that still want to hang around for a few more years for whatever reason and turn down the offer, they may find themselves transformed into a new job they were not expecting and possibly at a lower level. It happened in 2010 and there's no reason it can't happen again.

14. Guitarpicker

Guitarpicker New Member

Karma ? How so.. ?

15. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

You? Essential?

You gotta be kidding, Hoax.;)

16. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Any medical benefits?

17. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

another ploy to get our hopes up.

18. Fenris

Fenris Active Member

Nothing noted on briefing call. I would assume standard retirement medical for your YOS.

19. Old Man Jingles

Must have been the position.
    That was my response as well.
    My DM asked me would this change my decision to retire in 2010.
    I said YEP! POed me to no end or at least 3 more years.
    If it had been offered to me, I would have left in 2010.