management buyout offer ( retirement ) coming today...

Rumors / News of a UPS management buyout will be made - " transformation" - will target non-operational employees that are 55 or older... will be made public today

basically if you fall under " operations" - you will not be offered a package - if you are 55 and older - staff function ( HR- Security- IE - Automotive - Business Development ) you be offered a incentive to leave... 3 months plus one week for every year of service up to 25 years ( so 25 weeks) - any remaining vacation is also added - prorated MIP based off an average MIP of 83% ( from last 5 years average) - you get a packet mailed - review - sign - return - you will given a date of separation - could be as early as August or as late as into 2019... not sure about how anyone else feels - but as usual - the operator gets the shaft... so disappointed in what we have become.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
basically if you fall under " operations" - you will not be offered a package - if you are 55 and older - staff function ( HR- Security- IE - Automotive - Business Development ) you be offered a incentive to leave... 3 months plus one week for every year of service up to 25 years ( so 25 weeks) - any remaining vacation is also added - prorated MIP based off an average MIP of 83% ( from last 5 years average) - you get a packet mailed - review - sign - return - you will given a date of separation - could be as early as August or as late as into 2019... not sure about how anyone else feels - but as usual - the operator gets the shaft... so disappointed in what we have become.

Karma.

Returntosender

The UPS transformation is positioning the company to react to record growth in demand for Amazon logistics services. This is the first of several new initiatives. The company is also streamlining work processes through technology for greater staff stress and raising operating costs through increase investment in its global smart high turnover UPS part time employee logistics network. UPS expects its transformation initiatives to reduce resources to lower customers’ experience, lower revenue growth, a reduction in full time management employees career opportunities , will continue to provide shareowner returns.

Last edited:

worldwide

I'm glad I didn't hang around another 5 years to get this!
I got red-circled back in 2010 as "Essential Personnel" so I stayed on 3 more years since I was so :censored2:ing essential.
Finally hung 'em up on March 1, 2013.

For anyone that had already decided to or was seriously considering retiring in the next 12 months, this will simply ensure they actually leave by giving them a financial incentive to lock it in with the company. For those 55+ that still want to hang around for a few more years for whatever reason and turn down the offer, they may find themselves transformed into a new job they were not expecting and possibly at a lower level. It happened in 2010 and there's no reason it can't happen again.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm glad I didn't hang around another 5 years to get this!
I got red-circled back in 2010 as "Essential Personnel" so I stayed on 3 more years since I was so :censored2:ing essential.
Finally hung 'em up on March 1, 2013.

You? Essential?

You gotta be kidding, Hoax.;)

Dragon

Package Center Manager
basically if you fall under " operations" - you will not be offered a package - if you are 55 and older - staff function ( HR- Security- IE - Automotive - Business Development ) you be offered a incentive to leave... 3 months plus one week for every year of service up to 25 years ( so 25 weeks) - any remaining vacation is also added - prorated MIP based off an average MIP of 83% ( from last 5 years average) - you get a packet mailed - review - sign - return - you will given a date of separation - could be as early as August or as late as into 2019... not sure about how anyone else feels - but as usual - the operator gets the shaft... so disappointed in what we have become

Any medical benefits?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You? Essential?

You gotta be kidding, Hoax.;)
Must have been the position.
That was my response as well.
My DM asked me would this change my decision to retire in 2010.
I said YEP! POed me to no end or at least 3 more years.
If it had been offered to me, I would have left in 2010.