management buyout offer ( retirement ) coming today...

Medical benefits would be whatever you are qualified for under the retirement plan - which are as follows - triple credit for any years of service up until 1993 - single credit for any years after - up to a max of 30 years - each credit is equal to $250 to be applied to your annual healthcare benefit cost - which is currently close to $10,900 per year - you and any eligible spouse would each get that credit amount. If your credits dont equal the cost - you pay the difference. There is also a lower cost plan close to $9100 per year - but it has a higher annual out of pocket. One thing to note on that plan choice - you can place funds in a HSA and after building a balance of $2000 - you can invest much like a 401-k ... The funds go in and come out tax free - so some great benefit there. You would need about 44 DBE's or credits to not have to pay for some of your annual medical plan cost. so as stated above - say a person started in 1986 - they would have 7 years at triple credit ( 21 credits) and then 23 years of single credit for a total of 44 credits.. or $11088 to apply towards plan cost.. the plan cost have been fairly stable over the past 5 years - going up only several hundred in that time frame. Using that same example - Once eligible for Medicare - you will get about $2100 to apply for gap coverage - or some call it part a, b or c... your spouse - if still under 65 - would stay on UPS plan until Medicare - and then they would get the same. Hope that helps - most of this is on the UPSers... just buried in the fine print. Alot of this was also covered in the Retirement seminar UPS used to host each year - seems they stopped a few years back or at least I have not heard of one in recent.

Any medical Benefits?
Additional clarification - some of the groups - I think IE , Automotive and one other - you must be or turn 58 by Dec. 31 2018 in order to be offered a package... something regarding " skillset " for those groups - again - I basically was so disappointed after it was stated " only for non -operational job class" - clearly we are not the same organization in ways that drill to the core of this once great company. One other odd note - I have read and heard .. " aimed at the Corp jobs etc... " if you read the groups excluded - if you have a job code of Corp - you are also excluded...

Karma...

whatever happened to the partnership ?....i see that some partners are more equal than others....what are the veteran operators opinions with this while they are being squeezed from all sides for increased production by those who most likely either never were in operations or only in for a short time...i suggest that only operation management get mip...

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
whatever happened to the partnership ?....i see that some partners are more equal than others....what are the veteran operators opinions with this while they are being squeezed from all sides for increased production by those who most likely either never were in operations or only in for a short time...i suggest that only operation management get mip...
But somebody has to plan and organize for operations.

tino1

Medical benefits are no different then if you were going to retire. A question was asked what if you don’t take the buyout, the answer was if the corporation doesn’t meet its objective the next reduction may not voluntary. Scott price did the same thing at coke the folks that didn’t except got screwed down the road.

Poop Head

Judge me.
The UPS transformation is positioning the company to react to record growth in demand for Amazon logistics services. This is the first of several new initiatives. The company is also streamlining work processes through technology for greater staff stress and raising operating costs through increase investment in its global smart high turnover UPS part time employee logistics network. UPS expects its transformation initiatives to reduce resources to lower customers’ experience, lower revenue growth, a reduction in full time management employees career opportunities , will continue to provide shareowner returns.
Hit the nail right on the head with that one

Karma...

if this transformation results in the stock price consistantly increasing 5 percent each year and the dividends increasing 8 percent each year i agree.......if you want to make money buy stock...its obviously the boards responsibility to provide increasing value to the stockholders. otherwise get some people who can..

tino1

Very narrow minded comment you could give a crap about the failed strategies corporate put together. Hard working folks will be impacted because of failed leadership. The folks that built this company are all leaving, the future will be a diverse group of millennials who won’t put up with the harassment. Casey would be ashamed of this company and how we treat people.

Karma...

i absolutely agree with you...However...unless UPS buys back our stock and is private again those are moot points. Two companies...private United Parcel Service with the meaningful Parcel emblem and public ups with nonmeaningful emblem of whatever it is...my commits were narrow minded yet fit the values and responsibilities of what a public company must do...I much prefer United Parcel Service.