Mandatory not so mandatory?

Spoke like a true manager. Your BUG is a trolling thing. You’re not in the union. No union brother tells a member to quit. No one is forced to work there. That includes all you drivers who have been complaining on this forum for years, that includes you, you union fraud!

JJF
5UCq7bGofhEsQN1lDj.gif

542thruNthru

Show me where that was stated? Union troll. It would be okay to admit the Teamsters has failed PTers.
giphy-137.gif

The Teamsters is a terrible Union. You give them money weekly, they get nothing accomplished weekly. Many states are outlawing the, you must be in the union. If you don’t have to pay Union dues don’t. UPS got its preloaders a $2.00 an hour raise to start. That $2.00 will go right into the Union, who again does nothing.

The best part of all this is watching you pro-union guys deflect to anything but the issue. The issue is PTers working full time hours with part time pay $14.00 an hour. Yes you do get OT after 5 hours. Do you drivers get OT after 10 hours? Or 8? It’s a rhetorical question. Nevermind the fact they only get 2 ten minute breaks on a 8+ scheduled day, mandated day. The union couldn’t even get them 2 fifteen minute breaks that would equal a half hour.
And one last thing; part-timers applied as part-timers. To expect them to change their lives because UPS can’t find anybody to work their pre-load hours because they pay peanuts, should be on UPS, not on innocent PTers.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The best part of all this is watching you pro-union guys deflect to anything but the issue. The issue is PTers working full time hours with part time pay $14.00 an hour. Yes you do get OT after 5 hours. Do you drivers get OT after 10 hours? Or 8? It’s a rhetorical question. Nevermind the fact they only get 2 ten minute breaks on a 8+ scheduled day, mandated day. The union couldn’t even get them 2 fifteen minute breaks that would equal a half hour.
And one last thing; part-timers applied as part-timers. To expect them to change their lives because UPS can’t find anybody to work their pre-load hours because they pay peanuts, should be on UPS, not on innocent PTers.
I'm a part timer. I have no complaint about my pay scale. It is the same as a new hire.
I also don't feel I need more breaks. I'm content with what I have, thank you very much.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Remember this PTers your union FT brothers have no answers or respect for you. They think at $14.00 you should be thrilled. Maybe it’s time the PTers all unite and request out of the Union? That way there PTers arent paying union dues for a union who clearly does nothing for them.

you need to get with the guy that has a Xanax script

You way to worked up for a Sunday

Notice again folks, pro union thugs ignoring the issue!

Gman33909

Nailed it! UPS is currently making it mandatory for PTers to work 9 hour days, and a 6th day punch. They’re also giving PTers, two, ten minute breaks on a 9 hour shift. No meal break. The PTers are working FT hours, receiving $14.00 an hour, no hazard pay. And ALL PTers signed up for part time hours. The stewards don’t care or nothing has been changed. Since when can weeks in late May be mandatory? I get from Tday to Xmas, but that the Union is allowing $14.00 an hour employees to be abused is disgusting. UPS does do what they want, contract or no contract.
Sounds like they need more 22.3 oh wait they say 22.4 count towards 22.3 job creation....

Gman33909

There is a big problem with educating pts i guess its because they tend to be young and not care, Durning the last contract i told all fellow pts in my area to vote, gave them reason why they should vote pay, benefits, harassment etc... I come to find out that only 36% voted in my local, not sure of the breakdown between ft/pt votes, after the results I asked many part-timers did you vote, naw I forgot...

Remember this PTers your union FT brothers have no answers or respect for you. They think at $14.00 you should be thrilled. Maybe it’s time the PTers all unite and request out of the Union? That way there PTers arent paying union dues for a union who clearly does nothing for them.

Notice again folks, pro union thugs ignoring the issue!

Also folks, keep reading and notice that this cat offers no solution. JJF not only ignoring the issue, but is derailing the thread to change the narrative to anti-union babble. Guess he doesn't have respect or answers for you either. ‍♂️