Monday Amazon

TUT

You are. all the wife's fault. I had a bunch of stuff in my Amazon cart for after xmas. She ordered a few xmas gifts (which are for people we won't see til after January 1) and also ordered all of the stuff I had in the cart.

Ha!Ha!, that goes with my one point, just because people are buying things these last few days doesn't mean they are Christmas presents. I had a couple myself because it was a good deal, I had to act now or else and I don't care if they make it by the 1rst, but a seller/carrier can never tell that. Perhaps you can hold a study with all those variables in play. lol

oldngray

nowhere special
Ha!Ha!, that goes with my one point, just because people are buying things these last few days doesn't mean they are Christmas presents. I had a couple myself because it was a good deal, I had to act now or else and I don't care if they make it by the 1rst, but a seller/carrier can never tell that. Perhaps you can hold a study with all those variables in play. lol

I didn't do it this year but I have in the past ordered last minute sale items. Not for Christmas presents so I didn't care when they got delivered.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I didn't do it this year but I have in the past ordered last minute sale items. Not for Christmas presents so I didn't care when they got delivered.
How hard would it be for these shippers to ask at checkout if it's needed by Christmas or not? If not simply delay shipment.

TUT

How hard would it be for these shippers to ask at checkout if it's needed by Christmas or not? If not simply delay shipment.

With you. While Amazon dream of drones, they could ask their programmers to add a few things, like that, some places instead of you choosing the service type, you choose the day you want it delivered and they take it from there. Another one could be that I want it UPS or Fedex Ground, I'll pay the extra $3'ish instead of Smart/Sure Post, give me that option. That has been a cry for about 3 years now.

We'll never know if this was staged, then again they are probably on top of this service like a hawk right now, but the Today show put the One Hour test to the test.

http://www.today.com/money/amazons-new-1-hour-delivery-service-put-test-1D80390021

oldngray

nowhere special
With you. While Amazon dream of drones, they could ask their programmers to add a few things, like that, some places instead of you choosing the service type, you choose the day you want it delivered and they take it from there. Another one could be that I want it UPS or Fedex Ground, I'll pay the extra $3'ish instead of Smart/Sure Post, give me that option. That has been a cry for about 3 years now.

We'll never know if this was staged, then again they are probably on top of this service like a hawk right now, but the Today show put the One Hour test to the test.

http://www.today.com/money/amazons-new-1-hour-delivery-service-put-test-1D80390021

All in all, the one-hour delivery experience for a $40 item ended up costing $57 when you include the delivery fee, tax and recommended tip. However, current Amazon prime users will be able to select a free two-hour delivery option if they have time to spare.

So taking 2 hours instead of 1 is "time to spare"? Definitely worth waiting the extra hour for free delivery.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I found a couple of things on Amazon Prime about a week ago that I wanted to buy for myself, but decided to hold off on hitting the 'buy it now' button as I didn't want to needlessly contribute to the Christmas Crush.

!Retired!

Christmas was different for me this year. Back started hurting Sunday after Thanksgiving and put 2 cats to sleep in 3 months (they were 17 and 19 years old). Christmas lights didn't go up until the 14th (usually it's around Thanksgiving) and I procrastinated buying present until the 15th. My only saving grace was an easy last 2 weeks at work. Thankfully, it's over.