Monday Amazon

STFXG

Anyone else get on Amazon and order a bunch of prime items just to see if they get there on Wednesday?
I am happy to help you Express guys increase your profit margins. We are all a team, right?
If anything comes UPS I am sure I will get the update on my phone to let me know they delivered it. I won't be home that late and he doesn't ring or knock anyways.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone else get on Amazon and order a bunch of prime items just to see if they get there on Wednesday?
I am happy to help you Express guys increase your profit margins. We are all a team, right?
If anything comes UPS I am sure I will get the update on my phone to let me know they delivered it. I won't be home that late and he doesn't ring or knock anyways.
Don't know about fedex but word is our air system is backed up. Once again everyone waits til the last second to order.

Only so many packages can be forced through the system over night. How much money can fedex and ups afford to spend on upgrades for less than a weeks worth of volume? I don't see best buy putting in 100 check out lanes because that's what they need for Black Friday.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS should have just told Amazon if they repeat last minute orders like they did last year then it will get delivered whenever. Maybe after Christmas. UPS can't be expected to be ready for that kind of flood at the last minute. A long time ago peak was about a week before Christmas then would taper off the last few days. Now people are spoiled and order at last minute and expect it to be delivered on time. And they throw a fit like a spoiled child if their present is late.

Brownslave688

UPS should have just told Amazon if they repeat last minute orders like they did last year then it will get delivered whenever. Maybe after Christmas. UPS can't be expected to be ready for that kind of flood at the last minute. A long time ago peak was about a week before Christmas then would taper off the last few days. Now people are spoiled and order at last minute and expect it to be delivered on time. And they throw a fit like a spoiled child if their present is late.
It's it Amazon fault though. They are just filling orders people are making.

It's the people. I know ups would get slammed but their PR this year should be don't wait until the last second and expect it to get there on time.

On top of it all looks like Louisville could have some bad weather tomorrow.

It's it Amazon fault though. They are just filling orders people are making.

It's the people. I know ups would get slammed but their PR this year should be don't wait until the last second and expect it to get there on time.

On top of it all looks like Louisville could have some bad weather tomorrow.
We start a half hour later,tomorrow.

STFXG

My orders were estimated delivery of Dec 24 with guarantee delivery Dec 26. Or pay an extra 3.99 for guarantee by the 24th.

TUT

About ordering last minute. Another thing happens, they run some pretty good deals and people may not be buying these items for Christmas, but who's to know? Then you have all the ground orders moving to Express the last few days. That's like clockwork. Sellers though do hype any sale they can and will promise anything that has some kind of logical sense. Buy today, we have overnight services to offer so what's the problem? Every sale no matter what, we can point blame elsewhere if needed.

IMO though seems like everyone's network ran pretty well, talking around the industry there were improved habits on the buyer and weather was most likely the biggest single difference though. Withstanding today's and tomorrows storms.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
About ordering last minute. Another thing happens, they run some pretty good deals and people may not be buying these items for Christmas, but who's to know? Then you have all the ground orders moving to Express the last few days. That's like clockwork. IMO though seems like everyone's network ran pretty well, talking around the industry there were improved habits on the buyer and weather was most likely the biggest single difference though. Withstanding today's and tomorrows storms.

The only difference in buyer habits is that rather than spacing out their ordering to the last 2 weeks, they crammed them in to be delivered the last two DAYS. Merry Christmas and thanks for screwing the FedEx Express and UPS drivers. We don't need to see our families Christmas Eve afterall.

TUT

There was an uptick in November buying this year in some sectors which they believe was in response to what happened last year. Be interesting to see what kind of reports make it public after the season in retrospect. I don't think you will ever get away from that last few days being crammed though, especially air.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
UPS cut Amazon and AT&T off effective Saturday 12/20. Express will "benefit" from the additional volume. Sort down 2 hours late today, and stop counts unmanageable. Yay

TUT

I will say I ordered a ton of Amazon on Friday/Saturday. I have prime and it usually comes ups. I had 7 packages come fedex and 1 come surepost.

Wait, what? Are you doing a personal study? Aren't you the person that just a few posts back got on the consumer for waiting until the last minute. Please update me, I must be missing something. :)

Brownslave688

Wait, what? Are you doing a personal study? Aren't you the person that just a few posts back got on the consumer for waiting until the last minute. Please update me, I must be missing something. :)
You are. all the wife's fault. I had a bunch of stuff in my Amazon cart for after xmas. She ordered a few xmas gifts (which are for people we won't see til after January 1) and also ordered all of the stuff I had in the cart.