Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Had a woman scream at me, "He doesn't bite!", as it ran around me in circles, snapping at my legs. I used the package as a shield and the damn dog (chow mix) took a tennis ball sized bite out of it. By now 3 children and another woman had just come out of the house through the screen door the dog had torpedoed through. I was on the sidewalk, mind you, and the front yard was unfenced. I hollered at the lady to come and get your dog or I'm going to kick it, as the dog was still trying to bite me. She looked at me from the side of her head and dared me me when she said, "Pfft, go ahead." Well, Ol 'Roy went flying about 15 feet in a horizontal helicopter spin and past the now screaming gaggle of kids and women. The dog limped inside and the lady looked at me with a death stare and asked, "Did you really have to do that?" I dr'd the damaged package to her and returned to building, since that was the last stop of my day and week. When I got back in my OMS said she got a phone call from a customer who called and said her dog was dead because of me. The OMS had wrote a report which matched exactly what's I had just explained. My manager then told me to always work as directed and I never heard about the incident again. Not sure she got reimbursed for the dog she wanted ups to pay for. Oh well, I enjoyed another weekend without having to take a series of rabies shots.

Dr.Brownz

multiple center managers also "fix" timecards, hide missed packages, and hide grievances

that's a pretty stupid standard

Work as directed. Like they are going to fire me for sheeting a package wrong. I've already sheeted 100's of packages nr dog, so not sure what you are getting your nips twisted over.

Then again someone who doesn't even know what work is wouldn't understand what work as directed means. Go back to your pretend accomplishing something job and try not to mess things up for people who actually make money for this company.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Work as directed. Like they are going to fire me for sheeting a package wrong. I've already sheeted 100's of packages nr dog, so not sure what you are getting your nips twisted over.

Then again someone who doesn't even know what work is wouldn't understand what work as directed means. Go back to your pretend accomplishing something job and try not to mess things up for people who actually make money for this company.
so your first argument is that they're correct because they're center managers, now it's just hurrr work as directed?

i know this will blow your mind but you can be instructed to work incorrectly; sure you don't care, but the fact is it's still incorrect as i said

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Had a woman scream at me, "He doesn't bite!", as it ran around me in circles, snapping at my legs. I used the package as a shield and the damn dog (chow mix) took a tennis ball sized bite out of it. By now 3 children and another woman had just come out of the house through the screen door the dog had torpedoed through. I was on the sidewalk, mind you, and the front yard was unfenced. I hollered at the lady to come and get your dog or I'm going to kick it, as the dog was still trying to bite me. She looked at me from the side of her head and dared me me when she said, "Pfft, go ahead." Well, Ol 'Roy went flying about 15 feet in a horizontal helicopter spin and past the now screaming gaggle of kids and women. The dog limped inside and the lady looked at me with a death stare and asked, "Did you really have to do that?" I dr'd the damaged package to her and returned to building, since that was the last stop of my day and week. When I got back in my OMS said she got a phone call from a customer who called and said her dog was dead because of me. The OMS had wrote a report which matched exactly what's I had just explained. My manager then told me to always work as directed and I never heard about the incident again. Not sure she got reimbursed for the dog she wanted ups to pay for. Oh well, I enjoyed another weekend without having to take a series of rabies shots.
People like this will never understand that THEY are the reason their pet is dead. Sad.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I get bit, my whole entire day is being stopped. Calling center informing them, then calling police and getting a proper report filled out. Then calling my lawyer. Happened once and that's exactly what I did. You're dog bites me I'm suing you. End of story.

What if they offered a settlement? Ever had that happen by chance?

ManInBrown

What if they offered a settlement? Ever had that happen by chance?
At the scene? You mean the homeowner offering me money Right after the dog after bites? Would never happen for a few reasons. Number one most of the time they think you won't go thru with suing them. Number two you're not suing them personally. You sue there homeowners insurance. Dog bites fall under homeowner insurance.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
At the scene? You mean the homeowner offering me money Right after the dog after bites? Would never happen for a few reasons. Number one most of the time they think you won't go thru with suing them. Number two you're not suing them personally. You sue there homeowners insurance. Dog bites fall under homeowner insurance.
And number three they don't think it's their fault.

MC0493

Dogs are fun... Had two near bites in one day. Get to house, dog is out in the yard not barking just staring me down. I try to get a feeling for it and decide to proceed, well it was game on at that point. Dog ended up nipping the package. Owner finally came out after i had it sheeted up ni1. Later that day i'm up a long driveway, i get out of the truck, hear a dog, then see a rottweiler charging for me. I start screaming at the thing which stops it momentarily, women lazy comes behind it non nonchalantly calling it which does nothing. I have another screaming match with it and end up back in the truck. Then she says it's batteries ran out for its collar and i might even have them, well thanks!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That works

As long as they have insurance

Dr.Brownz

so your first argument is that they're correct because they're center managers, now it's just hurrr work as directed?

i know this will blow your mind but you can be instructed to work incorrectly; sure you don't care, but the fact is it's still incorrect as i said

center manager said do it, whatever if thats how they want it sheeted I don't give a :censored2:. Not surprising you care about a pointless metric though, being an office jockey and all. Careful don't get carpo tunnel!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Sumbitch should play for the saints

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
center manager said do it, whatever if thats how they want it sheeted I don't give a :censored2:. Not surprising you care about a pointless metric though, being an office jockey and all. Careful don't get carpo tunnel!
well you do give a :censored2: because that's literally why you started arguing with me

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
My first week was last week. I pulled up in front of this house, and I heard a dog barking in the back yard. No problem...right. It has a 6' tall wood picket fence.
As I am walking up the sidewalk, I look over to the side of the house, and there on top of the 1/2" wide fence pickets is this large Weimaraner looking dog. He has all four paws balancing on this fence top. OMG... I said to him "What are you doing boy"? You are funny! It was quite the balancing act. I wish I would have got a picture. He was still standing on it as I pulled away. Crossing my fingers that I don't have to deal with any mean dogs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My first week was last week. I pulled up in front of this house, and I heard a dog barking in the back yard. No problem...right. It has a 6' tall wood picket fence.
As I am walking up the sidewalk, I look over to the side of the house, and there on top of the 1/2" wide fence pickets is this large Weimaraner looking dog. He has all four paws balancing on this fence top. OMG... I said to him "What are you doing boy"? You are funny! It was quite the balancing act. I wish I would have got a picture. He was still standing on it as I pulled away. Crossing my fingers that I don't have to deal with any mean dogs.
That's amazing. Do you have more stories like that?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That's amazing. Do you have more stories like that?

This is Scooby you're talking to. Of course I have more stories like that.

I wish I would have got a picture.

Rookie mistake

He has all four paws balancing on this fence top. OMG... I said to him "What are you doing boy"?

He was probably thinking...WTF does it look like I'm doing, I'm a dog balancing on top of a fence. Quick grab your camera!
It was quite the balancing act.

Not impressed.

This is impressive....
20140523_152500.jpg

I was just hoping they didn't piss or fall off.