NHRA comes to end, LTIP continues

airbusfxr

UPS has announced that its sponsorship contract with the National Hot Rod Association expires Dec. 31 and will not be renewed for 2010.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I think you're missing the real point of the OP. He is actually subtly bring up Scott Davis's compensation. I doubt if he cares about the NHRA, he's just hung up on the compensation level of our executives. He has posts all over BC compalining how the $43.00 an hour the airline mechanics make should be raised because the CEO is getting more. I WILL go on record and state that his arguments are actually deeper than this, but I still believe his point was to bring up the LTIP and not inform about the NHRA.

worldwide

UPS has announced that its sponsorship contract with the National Hot Rod Association expires Dec. 31 and will not be renewed for 2010.

Where was this announced? Can you provide a link?

According to ups.com:
"UPS is part of the world's fastest motorsports attraction as the Preferred Carrier of NHRA. UPS provides Trackside Services at all Full Throttle race venues throughtout the race season."
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/sponsor/index.html

brown bomber

brown bomber
when was the the last time UPS had a "profitable" or at least "benificial" advertising campaign....Mr. Whiteboard has over-extended his long-haired run
Why is it that major corporations other than UP (no S) can come up w/campaigns that the populace remembers..and it benefits the company

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The olympics was a good idea back in 96 when it was in Atlanta, & good to get name out overseas when we were starting to to a profit there after many investments & not much return. The Nascar was a great idea also since it is so popular in this country.{ I would rather watch grass grow} But I believe it paid off.The whiteboard guy was stupid & WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU worked well.How many time did we hear that in a day:angry: But we should go back to THE TIGHTEST SHIP IN THE SHIPPING BUSINESS !! I believe this really showed the customers{remember them Atlanta ?} what it took to drive the business !

JustTired

free at last.......
Maybe they should dump Nascar too, when was the last time they put a car in the winners circle??:biting:

I think nascar is losing its' appeal now that it is the "Jimmie Johnson Show". What did it for me was when Johnson passed the leader before the start/finish line on a restart and wasn't penalized for it as others have been. Just like UPS....they bend the rules the way they want, when they want. I've lost all respect for "the powers that be" in both cases.

As to whether or not they should drop their sponsorship.....birds of a feather flock together. No skin off of my nose. OK...enough of the cliches.