No more PVDs?

542thruNthru

they are Full Time Service Providers, at no point are they officially called Package Drivers by ANYONE

this is a big nothing
Yeah....
Screenshot_20210917-144115_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I'm so sorry. Better luck next time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It states that “no package car driver shall be required to use their personal vehicle”. Guessing the company will find a way around that.
PVD's dont have to, they volunteer.

Of course if they dont want to use their own vehicle they might not be working much, but that's entirely up to them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
they are Full Time Service Providers, at no point are they officially called Package Drivers by ANYONE

this is a big nothing
This shows how head in the sand management is.

An arbitrator just said they’re package car drivers. That’s it final word end of story.

This mind set is exactly why I would gladly work 14 hours every day this peak to see the IBT tell the company to pound sand on this one. We have an arb ruling. We aren’t giving an inch.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes they do. You jersey guys and your logic. They have no other choice.

Its like arguing Jersey is a RTW state because they chose to work at ups. So they chose to join the Union.
Lol, they can choose to wait it out.

Keep the peak paid day low!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
View attachment 352403

I posted it because I'm sure many won't read it and think this now means no PVDs at all.

You mean that there is such a thing as a (PVD), I thought the arbitrator just defined them as newly hired (package car drivers) who were (forced) to drive their own vehicles.

If they would of agreed to drive their vehicles it would not have violated the present contract language?

Now it subject for further negotiations.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You mean that there is such a thing as a (PVD), I thought the arbitrator just defined them as newly hired (package car drivers) who were (forced) to drive their own vehicles.

If they would of agreed to drive their vehicles it would not have violated the present contract language?

Now it subject for further negotiations.
I think the key thing is they will have to be given the choice of driving their own vehicle or driving a package car or rental