No more sigs at commercial stops!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It WOULD be faster if it worked properly. Go in, drop packages, walk out while completing the stop. Unfortunately, at every stop we must now go in, drop packages, customer asks "do I need to sign today?" Driver says, "I dunno, lemme find out.." attempt cir. Yup, no signature! Have a nice day! (Same as getting sig)
OR
Driver attempts cir, fails. "Oops, I guess I DO need a signature today." Gets signature, voids cir, stop complete. MORE TIME, MORE STEPS.
talk faster, i’m halfway out the door telling them no sig needed by the time you’re fumbling with your CIR option, so it’s not the same time as a sig

ixtab

when this 1st rolled out in our center I was constantly being asked why I always got signatures at a jewelry store - told boss they were high value pkgs - boss: well sig not necessary now - me: if I had to sign for them i’m getting a sig!

Last edited:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
it absolutely saves time
until the first stop without a surepost or sig label or the dumb as :censored2: c requires you to go back and get a sig.

Names are updated every 30 days.
Bullcrap! The names available seem to change DAILY! Today at 1 stop which only 2 people have signed for packages in the past 12+ months had only 1 name choice and it wasn't either of them!

talk faster, i’m halfway out the door telling them no sig needed by the time you’re fumbling with your CIR option, so it’s not the same time as a sig
I really wish you fully understood what we actually deal with. Yesterday I had to drive 1/2 mile back to a buss to get a signature. There was no indication the stop wouldn't accept the CIR and the shop was too loud to hear the diad beep. It wasn't until I went for the next stop's scan that I was "informed" CIR wasn't applicable. Any "time savings" of CIR for the entire day was just pissed away and then some!

Last edited:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Here's one for you all. No signatures for delivering cigars and cigs. You would think after the FEDs bitch-slapped UPS for $10's of millions last year in NY someone in Atlanta would be on top of this.

upsgrunt

I have a Catholic church on my route-has always been the same name signed before CIR, and after. One of name choices that populates is Christ. I have no idea where it came up with that..
True story

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Staples, Office Depot, many medical packages, call tags, shipper releases (!?@)....

If you see any of those, plan on a sig.
Surepost as well requires signature for business. There should be a symbol next to the stop that indicates a signature maybe required which it is all the time.

F

Frankie's Friend

Surepost as well requires signature for business. There should be a symbol next to the stop that indicates a signature maybe required which it is all the time.
Like maybe a retarded dragon with big ears?
20180411_235150.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
had a surepost package in the system today, that was around 4' long and 6" wide, maybe 8" max wide...and 5 pounds. Mostly full of air with a small plastic part inside. that was not going to make it, damaged. gg

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I normally have the CIR done before I even walk in the door. I then place the packages at the normal delivery, greet the customer and I am on to the next stop.