nothing set in stone

BrownBrokeDown

Of course, we could always pull that language out I guess. And then if due to some unforseen happenstance, Teamcare starts going bellyup, well...whatever. Who needs insurance, right?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You chase windmills much.
UPS is a business.
The purpose of a business is to make money.

I find it a "dark attitude" (as in obscured), that people think it otherwise.

Interesting. I've heard "tilting windmills" and "jousting windmills", but not this one. Are you thinking of "chasing waterfalls"???

RealPerson

So last night the center manager say's to me " the only reason we exist is to make money for the stock holders". What a dark attitude. This is how the money for those stock holders is made. It's from the day in and day out efforts of the employee's with boots on the ground. It's the only way to UPS profits. The ONLY way.

I believe this.
The main goal for any company once they have stock is to please the stock holders. Buy Stock I guess...

stymie

From the IBT's new upscontractfacts website FAQ's concerning the gwi re-allocation issue. It is kind of deceiving to begin the answer with NO, knowing full well that the gwi re-allocation language in the National Master has already been approved.

"Question: Can the Teamsters take money out of my wages to pay for health care?

Answer: No. The Teamsters cannot take money out of wages to pay for health insurance. According to the Teamsters Constitution, wages cannot be re-allocated to health insurance without a secret ballot vote of the affected members."

ezmoney5150

Well put Piedmont. The problem is most of the no voters are ignorant to what Taft/Hartley is. They never paid attention in history class when they talked about the labor movement.