Now FedEx Ground is done with Amazon

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Get off the UPS teat and open your damn eyes.

Prime week is a perfect example.

They allowed ONE company to completely disrupt operations and cause service failures in :censored2:ing July.
Love or hate ups they know how to make money. LIke I said they won’t put all their eggs in one basket and if you think that you are one special person. Now this doesn’t mean that amazon won’t affect us but ups is smarter then you think. Plus our service has been disrupted for months here and it’s not just bc of amazon. Open you damn eyes and get the I hate ups teat

onewithedd

As a air feeder shuttle driver I do know that all the premium air freight is loaded on the plane first and Amazon is last to be loaded and what doesn’t fit gets left and put on a ground trailer to arrive the next day. So someone is making a good decision.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
74F809D0-28DE-4E58-B199-8D1ECCEAC723.jpeg

Overpaid Union Thug

Great news. Either more work for us, or UPS drops them altogether as well, And Bezos drowns in his own vomit trying to get all his stuff delivered using his ex con workforce in their cute little sprinter vans and their personal Prius’s.
Today the Amazon sprinter van on my route was driving and parking on the wrong side of the road (as usual) and tried to get me to go around him so he wouldn’t have to move to the CORRECT side to let me continue to my next stop. He was also parked at my next stop. He seemed adamantly against doing the right thing and was also pointing at the house I was parked in front of as his next stop. So, I threw it in park and rested on the steering wheel to give him time to reconsider the situation. About thirty seconds later he moved over. What a clown. These dumbasses are going to cause an accident.

They also stack boxes in front of the middle of garages and people are backing out and over their own packages because they have no clue the stuff is even there. Which they would if their drivers would bother to knock. At best they are like watching our worst drivers.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I hope amazon crushes us with volume when fed-ex/amazon contract ends this month. I want to see all the supervisors in panic mode and hundreds of late air everyday....don’t forget UPS brought this upon THEMSELVES!!

KoennenTiger

I hope amazon crushes us with volume when fed-ex/amazon contract ends this month. I want to see all the supervisors in panic mode and hundreds of late air everyday....don’t forget UPS brought this upon THEMSELVES!!

I've been running peak volume for a month now. We just got a cover guy(s) running one of the routes in my loop as the normie is taking four weeks of vacation. They keep ODSing me to go help him. "I can't"

I got two misloads today. They tell me I have to make sure they are delivered. "I can't"

I have zero time to do anything at all. I'm late to all my pickups, one of them has stopped shipping all nda through us because we are no longer reliable, and if anything at all happens, such as a few on demand pickups, I'm totally fked. I have no leeway anymore.

Every single day we leave late and every single day we all get a message "run straight air".

Mngmt has started holding little seminars in the morning, complete with a stop watch, to "train" us to go faster.

Apparently it should only take us 9 seconds to stop, open the door, grab our one small 1 pound box that just happens to be at the very front of our 1000 shelf, set it down on the floor, and exit the package car, AND pick the box back up.

Mngmt is going to get back to me about searching for a 80 pound irreg in the mess that preload leaves me and load it on my dolly.

I mean it takes me more than 9 seconds just to get my dolly out. UPS is bonkers

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I've been running peak volume for a month now. We just got a cover guy(s) running one of the routes in my loop as the normie is taking four weeks of vacation. They keep ODSing me to go help him. "I can't"

I got two misloads today. They tell me I have to make sure they are delivered. "I can't"

I have zero time to do anything at all. I'm late to all my pickups, one of them has stopped shipping all nda through us because we are no longer reliable, and if anything at all happens, such as a few on demand pickups, I'm totally fked. I have no leeway anymore.

Every single day we leave late and every single day we all get a message "run straight air".

Mngmt has started holding little seminars in the morning, complete with a stop watch, to "train" us to go faster.

Apparently it should only take us 9 seconds to stop, open the door, grab our one small 1 pound box that just happens to be at the very front of our 1000 shelf, set it down on the floor, and exit the package car, AND pick the box back up.

Mngmt is going to get back to me about searching for a 80 pound irreg in the mess that preload leaves me and load it on my dolly.

Their dreamland time studies rarely compare to real life. Garbage in....garbage out.

Star B

White Lightening
I have zero time to do anything at all. I'm late to all my pickups, one of them has stopped shipping all nda through us because we are no longer reliable, and if anything at all happens, such as a few on demand pickups, I'm totally fked.
Step 1: Dump Amazon
Step 2: Make UPS unreliable because they have too much amzn freight.
Step 3: Let UPS piss off their customers
Step 4: Piss off our new customers with Memphis BS.
Step 5: Give them to DHL.

35years

Gravy route
An Amazon fulfillment center typically ships out 40,000 products a day. In December it swells to a million per day.

Amazon spent $11.5 billion on shipping in 2015, $16.2 billion in 2016, $21.7 billion in 2017 and $27.7 billion in 2018.

They had 232 billion in revenue in 2018. UPS had 72 billion in revenue in 2018.

They went into direct competition with us this year.

Fed Ex acted decisively. Amazon made up some 1.3% of FedEx's 2018 revenue. But Donald Broughton, the founder and manager partner of Broughton Capital, told Business Insider the operating profit from that revenue was under 0.25%
A key metric in FedEx's financial statements underscores why the shipping giant dropped Amazon as a customer

Will we continue to enable our direct competitor (Amazon)?

When assessing our profit from Amazon shipments does UPS accurately assess the costs that the Amazon peak surge creates?

When we were privately held we would have had a strategy.

Now we just try to make this quarter's numbers look good.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Oh yeah retraining everyone to go faster. Have you select an envelope at the front of the 1000 section. See you’re well under the allotted time. Have you walk 50 feet with zero packages. See you guys that’s not even a decent walk pace. You’re well under. You’re losing your time somewhere.

Lmao maybe its because the real world isn’t like your perfect little scenarios. Probably blame us for getting out of the building 20 minutes after start time next lol