Nukes

klein

Für Meno :)
Between the Soviet union and the U.S., 90% of the worlds nukes are in those two countries hands. How many friggin nukes do we need? This reduction is more about aligning everybody against Iran and Korea than about getting rid of the thousands of city killers we have.

Stay calm Unionman. Let Sarah run the republican movement. Thats your best bet you'll get.. ;)

bbsam

Staff member
Obama's Nuclear experience regards blowing the constitution and the American people apart...he is good at that. I think he should be called "the great divider".
So Obama is not following Reagan's lead? Are you sure about that? Or is it just that if it's Obama you're going to be against it?

klein

So Obama is not following Reagan's lead? Are you sure about that? Or is it just that if it's Obama you're going to be against it?

No comment, but this :

images

klein

Remember , according to some, the UN is useless. America needs to do it alone.
Just like Iraq, when most said NO !!

I personally think it should take a majority of countries to agree on a new war. Not just one person in power.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Remember , according to some, the UN is useless. America needs to do it alone.
Just like Iraq, when most said NO !!

I personally think it should take a majority of countries to agree on a new war. Not just one person in power.

Not all countries are panzies like Canada or kiss butts like Obama and only a big stick wacked upside the head will get rouge nations back in line. If all nations thought as you did then we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

klein

Not all countries are panzies like Canada or kiss butts like Obama and only a big stick wacked upside the head will get rouge nations back in line. If all nations thought as you did then we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

May I remind you of history ?
The english commenwealth have always stuck together. World War 1 and 2. Before USA entered !

The David versus Goliath wars.. yes, you did them. Good for you !

wkmac

I think the one question to be considered these days especially from an American POV is that nukes weapons are for all practical purposes, obsolete. With weapons now more capable of precise targeting and America almost holding a type of monopoly of such at this time, from a certain POV, trying to eliminate nukes as a form of competition makes sense. How effective? This approach is rightly open for debate but the truth is, nuke weapons have actually been "weapons of terror" used effectively by nationstates for a very long time rather than actual weapons used in theater conflict. In 1992' Adam Curtis made a 6 part documentry for the BBC entitled, "Pandora's Box" and episode 2 brings out some very interesting points about the Coldwar era that IMO points to the the use of nukes as a nationstate induced terror on other populations as well as it's own.

BTW: For those of you who decry the current central planning of Washington DC and believe it nothing more than an old Soviet ideal brought to America, you might watch episode 1 of Pandora's Box. If Washington is bringing a Soviet style life to America you'll understand they are in truth bringing it back from which it originated.
:surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member
By ROBERT BURNS, AP National Security Writer Robert Burns, Ap National Security Writer – 13 mins ago
WASHINGTON – In full accord on a global threat, world leaders Tuesday endorsed President Barack Obama's call for securing all nuclear materials around the globe within four years to keep them out of the grasp of terrorists. They offered few specifics for achieving that goal, but Obama declared "the American people will be safer and the world will be more secure" as a result."

Few specifics ??? So everybody just knows what needs to be done and the people here are suppose to trust Odrama to achieve the goal. "America will be safer" Why, because the messiah says so ??!! Just like healthcare won't increase the deficit.
He was just the rockstar as 47 countries looked on........

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Actually Canada contributes quite a bit more than other Western nations in the World Wars and since.

I find it interesting that when people talk of nukes they only speak of Srategic weapons. Of course, they are the ones that wipe out entire cities, but a Bear full of Tactical bombs will do the same, or worse depending upon detonation altitude.

klein

Actually Canada contributes quite a bit more than other Western nations in the World Wars and since.

I find it interesting that when people talk of nukes they only speak of Srategic weapons. Of course, they are the ones that wipe out entire cities, but a Bear full of Tactical bombs will do the same, or worse depending upon detonation altitude.

I know !!!! We just been told by Obama to spend $1 Billion to get rid of our sources of high rich Uranium. :(

Canada News Headlines - Canadian Press

Obama closes nuclear summit, calls modern-day threat 'cruel irony of history'

1 hour, 14 minutes ago WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama closed his landmark nuclear summit on Tuesday with a tip of the hat to Canada for its move to rid itself of some of its weapons-grade uranium and for its call on nations to spend billions more on nuclear security.