Nys teamsters pension & retirement fund

Ms.PacMan

I think the government would do better just footing the bill for the pensions of all the orphaned pensioners instead of giving a "loan" to the Teamsters.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think the government would do better just footing the bill for the pensions of all the orphaned pensioners instead of giving a "loan" to the Teamsters.
All the billions and billions of dollars they give to 3rd world countries who hate us is not expected to be paid back why the hell would the Teamsters be expected to pay it back

Ms.PacMan

All the billions and billions of dollars they give to 3rd world countries who hate us is not expected to be paid back why the hell would the Teamsters be expected to pay it back

Exactly - they won't and can't be trusted with the money. It would be better for the gov't to just cover the orphan pensions.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My tax dollars are used to fund all kinds of things that I don't like, but I would have no problem with using them to help out American workers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My tax dollars are used to fund all kinds of things that I don't like, but I would have no problem with using them to help out American workers.
Yep, it's kind of "funny" how banks and auto makers can be deemed "to big to fail", yet millions of hard working blue collar workers can be left out in the cold in the face of government regulated mismanagement of their pension funds.

What an absolute shame it will be for these people to have proudly worked a job until retirement age, only to slip through this cracks and be subject to the entitlement system in their golden years.

People can say what they want about these people not saving enough while they were working, but the reality is they were saving.
Our pension is an earned benefit and a form of savings....

.....and it has been stolen from us.

What's happening here is criminal, parallel to what Bernie Madoff and his ponzi scheme did, landing him in jail.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My plan has been set for the past 10-15 years. I will use my monthly pension to live on and will draw from my rolled over 401k for travel and other discretionary spending. I will start drawing SS at 67.
Very telling, but my question was meant as a plan for all Teamsters like you, who are facing sweeping cuts in their pensions, not your individual plan alone.

j13501

As a former management employee, this entire thread make me sad. This pension plan was one of the strongest in the country in 1997, after the changes to pensions across the country, after the contract strike/resolution. Upstate NY teamsters got a pension increase after that contract, and apparently it continued in the years following.

It's very sad because the pension was in very poor shape in 1980, when the government started regulating the pension. During the next 20 years, it became very strong, insuring the future pension of UPS people. UPS teamsters are the hardest working people in the transportation business. They deserve a good pension. Now, years later, we're back to the problems of 1980. What happened in the last 17 years?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
As a former management employee, this entire thread make me sad. This pension plan was one of the strongest in the country in 1997, after the changes to pensions across the country, after the contract strike/resolution. Upstate NY teamsters got a pension increase after that contract, and apparently it continued in the years following.

It's very sad because the pension was in very poor shape in 1980, when the government started regulating the pension. During the next 20 years, it became very strong, insuring the future pension of UPS people. UPS teamsters are the hardest working people in the transportation business. They deserve a good pension. Now, years later, we're back to the problems of 1980. What happened in the last 17 years?
Junior is nothing like his Dad. That's whats happened .

Last edited: