Nys teamsters pension & retirement fund

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Represented by the union? Yeah right! Bang up job they are doing. Maybe after my 30 yrs. I'll do it. This next contract will be my last contract. B4 I decertify. Unless a miracle happens with this next contract. I'm sick of giving away money for the big wigs to go on all paid meetings in vagas and Florida. Meetings, sure
IBT isn't much different than UPS or another other corporation. They're all in cahoots and there's nothing we can do about it. It's so embedded.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It says it in the 1 of 2 pages in the ballot envelope that you will receive. Nice bold print.

I'm not in your Pension plan. But, that sounds completely bizarre.

I don't know, how that could be even legal. Bug is on a mission to find out.

Was 5500 about 7 yrs ago.

That's what @UpstateNYUPSer confirmed several times.

With out knowing the details of the plan, it seemed like an overly optimistic goal.

From the union theft of past raises.

Come on dude. The members voted on it.

I'm seriously considering weingardner (of what ever the name is) to get out from dues
This next contract will be my last contract. B4 I decertify.

Kind of scratching my head on those statements.

Sounds like you have been misinformed or aren't sure how things work ?

Every contractual raise. They raise the dues. 3 bucks more a month
The IBT Constitution dictates the minimums.

UPS takes out $25/wk for my Union dues and I am PT.

But, you're a "red circled pre-82 employee".

Making top rate.

Your dues.... are just above the minimum. ;)

-Bug-

Inthegame

83 as of Aug 1st. Won't see how much till Sept 1st. Expecting to 86
As BUG accurately stated the IBT Constitution controls the minimum deductible dues. The Constitution also requires the local to adjust dues two months after a wage increase.

If you're now paying $83 per month a $0.50 raise will move your dues to $85.

Do you really have an issue with making at least $80 more per month (160 hours X .50 = $80) and paying an additional $2 in dues?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
As BUG accurately stated the IBT Constitution controls the minimum deductible dues. The Constitution also requires the local to adjust dues two months after a wage increase.

Do you really have an issue with making at least $80 more per month (160 hours X .50 = $80) and paying an additional $2 in dues?

Not a bad deal as long as the dues
Goes where it should go

If it doesent then its total B.S.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Ours goes up 3 dollars each raise. Out of the last 50 cent raise. The union took back 35 cents of it. We are at 33.77 now. I don't know how much you guys are at now. 37 ish? We were told they would not do this again. Cause it didn't work last time. But they did.

I don't care if they had 100 dollars a month dues. Just leave my insurance and pension alone. And stop going on meetings in Vegas and to crooked politicians. Our local is hopefully going under government supervision (again) for crooked books.

3 done 3 to go

With out knowing the details of the plan, it seemed like an overly optimistic goal.

Making top rate.

-Bug-
No. They didn't vote on it. They just took 35 cents, out of the last 50 cent raise. After they said they won't do it again.

Scratch all you want. NO VOTE from my building. On anything that doesn't have a catch up raise, more vacation time and no more concessions. Hoffa is known for in these parts

3 done 3 to go

Your right! My pension is gone. They take my raises and pension. But, I'm in the minus. I don't need the union. What is the real full time rate now?

Inthegame

Your right! My pension is gone. They take my raises and pension. But, I'm in the minus. I don't need the union. What is the real full time rate now?
Your pension isn't gone. If voted it may be adjusted to a lower amount. $5500 per month seems oddly generous and out of the norm from other Teamster plans, and most likely is the reason your plan is struggling.

Nobody makes you stay in a union job and if you're so confident you could do better what's keeping you here?

The full time pkg rate varies because of the wage diversion allowance. In my local (Central) a top rate pkg driver now makes $36.39, will pay $91 dues Oct 1 and doesn't get close to a $5500 per month pension.

The worthless IBT has also negotiated just under $900 (about $22.50 per hour) per week into Pension and H&W benefit plans.

But you don't need the union cause you could get a better deal on your own. Sure you can partner.

rod

Retired 22 years

Making top rate.

-Bug-

UpstateNY was full of misinformation and lies. No one in their right mind would take advise from someone who drove an Ultima and lived in an apartment by himself with a cat.