Offer Sells Part-Timers Short

A prime example of killing the messenger. I can feel the loved out there for this contract who knows it might be just the angry 45..But I don't think so, this Tentative Agreement vote is sure looking like it be close or a landslide with the "no's". Remember Trump and Hillary, this could happen again.

It would be worth it to see the International be called on the carpet in front of Abbey to explain why they could not control their people.

The International seems to be more concerned about the added extra monetary contributions going into their controlled Pension and Health and Welfare Plans. Protect the Product is what it is all about, did the negotiation committees even looked at our proposals or simply threw them in the trash in order to fulfill their agenda.

Wall street knows that this contract is a corporate winner, they are under the assumption that this is a done deal (business as usual). Projections have already been made and the shareholders are ready to do their happy dance. The feds just released a labor report and it indicates more jobs but wages lagging not keeping up with inflation and the cost of living. Really look at this contract, the starting wages, raises, the possible cutting of Overtime and the four year progression.
All I hear is a bunch of delivery drivers complaining about how the new hybrid driver class will take away their OT. I can hear my FT co workers, and a lot of other FT, saying "all this does not effect me. I just want to keep making my $35+/hr and 7 weeks paid vacation and great health care and a great pension in a few years." The status quo FT may just pass this contract.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was just kidding, I think you are a keyboard cowboy.
Look man, you started out ok on here, but your argument has devolved into "if you don't like it run for office". Surely you can see how pathetic of a position that is....

You're not even bothering to defend the language anymore lol.

cachmeifucan

And I think you really want to sell a bad contract. Nobody here likes it it has something everyone hates. The raise is weak. No more 22.3. Creating 2 tier jobs. What Are The Parts People like. If you haven't went driving package or feeder you either just started and waiting or driving isn't for you. Most part time employee want 22.3 jobs that doesn't involve driving.

cachmeifucan

All I hear is a bunch of delivery drivers complaining about how the new hybrid driver class will take away their OT. I can hear my FT co workers, and a lot of other FT, saying "all this does not effect me. I just want to keep making my $35+/hr and 7 weeks paid vacation and great health care and a great pension in a few years." The status quo FT may just pass this contract.
No way they vote together they understand it's no good

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You can change all of it. Just win an election and then grab the IBT and the employers by the balls. I know you can do it. You are spoiled tough here. Its got to translate to the real world. I believe in you Felicia.

Wow. Someone is getting their feathers ruffled on here
source.gif
giphy (14).gif

Tony Q

Look man, you started out ok on here, but your argument has devolved into "if you don't like it run for office". Surely you can see how pathetic of a position that is....

You're not even bothering to defend the language anymore lol.
What is the point of defending language if I don't feel its being given a reasonable chance. I tried to help out here and give the members information that they couldn't get yet and all I got was I want more. When I didn't do this I was a dick. This is the typical member mentality. It is never enough. I liken it to the book the giving tree. You ever read that children's book classic? There are good BA's out there but you lump them all together and you just go overboard, hence the why don't you run for office and do something about it. You bring it on yourself. I will eventually crawl back into the woodwork and go on my merry way. Give it a little time.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When I'm ready I'll let you know! Until then I think I'll keep doing what I feel I need to do.
Angry voices are always the loudest, I'm sure you've figured out that many folks here would vote "no" on pretty much anything just because they hate their jobs. Your posts are appreciated by an awful lot of people who read but don't comment.

Tony Q

Angry voices are always the loudest, I'm sure you've figured out that a lot of folks here would vote "no" on pretty much anything just because they hate their jobs. Your posts are appreciated by an awful lot of people who read but don't comment.
Very true and kind words sir. I am here not for the angry people, but the ones who never log in or say a peep. You are very wise. Thank you for the encouragement.

Angry voices are always the loudest, I'm sure you've figured out that many folks here would vote "no" on pretty much anything just because they hate their jobs. Your posts are appreciated by an awful lot of people who read but don't comment.
I agree but their are a lot of members who feel very lucky to have what they have and would not want to jeopardize their jobs and future pension. Especially with the promised pension improvements and only having a couple years left.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I agree but their are a lot of members who feel very lucky to have what they have and would not want to jeopardize their jobs and future pension. Especially with the promised pension improvements and only having a couple years left.
Pension and retiree healthcare are actually much bigger issues for me than the hybrid drivers. Waiting to hear more about those two things before I make a decision.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Pension and retiree healthcare are actually much bigger issues for me than the hybrid drivers. Waiting to hear more about those two things before I make a decision.
I think most on here are frustrated with the lake of information we are being given on a supposedly "done" deal. Some of that frustration is being taken out on the member who claims to be in the know , and keeps saying just wait you will like it over and over again

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When I'm ready I'll let you know! Until then I think I'll keep doing what I feel I need to do.
Look man, I get some people are giving you a hard time. All I was talking about was the fact that 22.4 count towards the 22.3 requirement.

As long as you own the fact that they're not going to be making 22.3s during this contract while they fill these new 22.4s, I can respect your opinion on this issue.

I simply disagree with you that this is ok. Its a total bastardization of FT PCD and 22.3 both. Just my opinion.

Those issues will be the deciding factor in a lot of members votes. The raises could be bigger but I never thought anyone would pay me $34+/hr to do what little I do. Not going to a vote NO rally and try to change anyone's mind, just vote what is best for me. I think a lot of members that actually do vote will do the same.