"On Topic" When no one is looking do you try to do the right thing at all times?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I usually do the right thing...but today I was doing a driver follow up...big old wad of grizzly in my lip...lady was talking my ear off...swallowed as much spit as I could but couldn't hold it in anymore...spit a big fatty right in the dogs water bowl

Re-Raise

One time when a building was closed and no one around ,,
I backed up with out beeping my horn ,, felt good , I felt very dirty !
Been holding this in for years,
Only my priest knew about this !
I backed up to the non driver side the other day.... Feels good to finally admit it

As a preloader, cutting corners usually means hurting yourself. Our "team" frequently avoids using load stands and just lets everything drop onto the belt in controlled falls. I don't care but I kind of do. I got nailed by a 40lb package from someone doing this and it nearly gave me a concussion. Everyone cuts corners at preload and it's pretty dangerous. I know sups are watching it's just sad they don't do anything about this. Then we get leakers and busted packages on top of everything that's already crushed. People seem to think chutes are shortcuts instead of the ladders. It's kinda sad, but none of these guys have aspirations of becoming a driver so I guess the shoe fits.

The only time I've ever had a driver cut corners was this last peak. Man, they treated us like runaway slaves. Every once in awhile we would take on the clock breaks, like walk together "looking for an address" and just take a few minutes to stretch and hydrate away from the truck but keeping it in eyesight. Was the hardest of the 3 peaks I've worked. That's really as far as cutting corners as I've really done.

One thing I'll always wonder.. I found a packet of Nintendo brand stickers for iPhones, tablets, MacBook etc. It looked used and abused like it had not fallen out of any packages on the truck and been there for awhile. I got my FT super and handed it to them and they responded "well why don't you just keep it? someone will get their money back. Job perk right?" and I told them no that would be stealing. I still think it was a test I've heard of similar things happening to people.

Off topic I know, but do supes test employees like this?

cardboard-surfer

Off topic I know, but do supes test employees like this?

All the time. Supes putting wrong boxes on the belt is called a 'salt'. Usually happens early in the shift when volume is lighter. They wait a few minutes and if you don't catch it they find it, and you're written up.

They also put (empty) boxes on the belt with banned hazmat placards (usually something obvious, like 'explosives'). The loader also has to mention the SLIC label is incorrect and not signed off by the clerk.

All overgoods (aka unboxed crap that spills everywhere) go in a UPS tote and are handed to the clerk. Think of it as a paid 3 minute break walking it over to the clerk (unless the PT sup takes it from you and says get back to loading).

Interesting. Now it makes me think of when I was learning third belt. They went from 17-20 misloads a day to ten or fewer when I came aboard (ocd helps loading cars.. a lot). Then I noticed non-delivers would go missing from under the rollers and get put back on the cars; like if I had to piss, or break happened etc., they would be loaded into their cars or the wrong cars without a new scan. Other employees said don't worry about the super he sucks, and most of our misloads are because of him, so I'm like okay as long as I don't mess up the numbers can't get worse.

So I'm like alright well I'm not gonna add insult to injury. I don't have a scanner on me so I can't fix it. They'd just keep ending up on trucks over and over and finally I tell the guy if he's testing me or something he's gotta stop because drivers are crawling up my ass. I told him if I got a scanner I could just do it myself and bring it back in all of 45 seconds. Needless to say I don't work third belt anymore. They went from about 7 a day back to nearing 20. :censored2:'em. Games and :censored2:, come on. And it's like these guys pay taxes and I assume have balls be a man and own your mistakes don't pass them off or do stupid middle school girl games, especially when someone is trying to learn a new part of the process.

And one day I had a hazmat so I check it, no paperwork. I don't load it in the car. It goes in a tote under the rollers. Super asks why it's not loaded and secured. I said it wasn't signed for and there's no paperwork. He says load it anyway. I told him to have the floor manager come over and explain why it's OK to load a hazmat with no paperwork because I certainly wasn't.

Suddenly he had it and it "must have fallen out". Boggles my mind, man. For real it reminds me of middle school or cliquey trash with underhanded games.

At the end of the day I just wanna do my job and do it right, and not be blamed by supers for their mistakes, or have me do preload instead of an inefficient super's buddies who fart around all morning and joke around.

And it's like I get it, the same old thing every day you gotta make it fun or you'll go mad. But picking friends over harder workers is poor management skills and why drivers leave late. If one man can do 6 trailers and air, why aren't your four friends who get hours capable of the same volume? Because all they do is fart around all the live long day. The scanners are even tired of it and two quit, one with over 12 years and one with 16.

Someone's gonna get hurt one day when they're busy hucking packages at one another or split their head open sliding down the chute instead of just taking the ladder and going around like everybody else. One was out for 3 weeks from a concussion for not using a load stand, but I can guarantee he didn't get a writeup or a talking to.

Sorry for the rant I just don't wanna let this stuff out at work since I actually do enjoy my jobs.. just very frustrating at times.

Re-Raise

Interesting. Now it makes me think of when I was learning third belt. They went from 17-20 misloads a day to ten or fewer when I came aboard (ocd helps loading cars.. a lot). Then I noticed non-delivers would go missing from under the rollers and get put back on the cars; like if I had to piss, or break happened etc., they would be loaded into their cars or the wrong cars without a new scan. Other employees said don't worry about the super he sucks, and most of our misloads are because of him, so I'm like okay as long as I don't mess up the numbers can't get worse.

So I'm like alright well I'm not gonna add insult to injury. I don't have a scanner on me so I can't fix it. They'd just keep ending up on trucks over and over and finally I tell the guy if he's testing me or something he's gotta stop because drivers are crawling up my ass. I told him if I got a scanner I could just do it myself and bring it back in all of 45 seconds. Needless to say I don't work third belt anymore. They went from about 7 a day back to nearing 20. :censored2:'em. Games and :censored2:, come on. And it's like these guys pay taxes and I assume have balls be a man and own your mistakes don't pass them off or do stupid middle school girl games, especially when someone is trying to learn a new part of the process.

And one day I had a hazmat so I check it, no paperwork. I don't load it in the car. It goes in a tote under the rollers. Super asks why it's not loaded and secured. I said it wasn't signed for and there's no paperwork. He says load it anyway. I told him to have the floor manager come over and explain why it's OK to load a hazmat with no paperwork because I certainly wasn't.

Suddenly he had it and it "must have fallen out". Boggles my mind, man. For real it reminds me of middle school or cliquey trash with underhanded games.

At the end of the day I just wanna do my job and do it right, and not be blamed by supers for their mistakes, or have me do preload instead of an inefficient super's buddies who fart around all morning and joke around.

And it's like I get it, the same old thing every day you gotta make it fun or you'll go mad. But picking friends over harder workers is poor management skills and why drivers leave late. If one man can do 6 trailers and air, why aren't your four friends who get hours capable of the same volume? Because all they do is fart around all the live long day. The scanners are even tired of it and two quit, one with over 12 years and one with 16.

Someone's gonna get hurt one day when they're busy hucking packages at one another or split their head open sliding down the chute instead of just taking the ladder and going around like everybody else. One was out for 3 weeks from a concussion for not using a load stand, but I can guarantee he didn't get a writeup or a talking to.

Sorry for the rant I just don't wanna let this stuff out at work since I actually do enjoy my jobs.. just very frustrating at times.
Post reported.

Took 5 minutes of my life that I can't get back.

john chesney

I've never been told the methods for :censored2:ting in a dr bag when you're caught short. I may be breaking the rules. Does anyone have proper procedures. Thank you