One step closer

Time for change

for me and many other part timers leaving the union. No representation at the bargaining table and you’re not getting my dues. Hope you all love your work being taken away by 22.4. Newbie drivers voting yes and you’ll be part time like me, working 3-4 days a week, then wait until the next bubble bursts. Fun times ahead for those voting for today and forgetting tomorrow. At some point maybe more work will be available for you again though. Good luck

Poop Head

Judge me.
for me and many other part timers leaving the union. No representation at the bargaining table and you’re not getting my dues. Hope you all love your work being taken away by 22.4. Newbie drivers voting yes and you’ll be part time like me, working 3-4 days a week, then wait until the next bubble bursts. Fun times ahead for those voting for today and forgetting tomorrow. At some point maybe more work will be available for you again though. Good luck
I hope you and all your friends get scabies

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
48052F4D-B982-441F-A8DE-1C829545AA2F.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Though you may disagree with how things are being handled, withdrawing from the union does nothing.

It’s much like people being upset about who the POTUS is, and leaving the country.

Call your local and find out the window you can withdraw. I was forced to pay another 8 months after I finally got out, after a decade of “representation.” Sure is difficult to leave something that is so beneficial?
I would normally see your complaints as most people. Not anymore. I completely understand. We took this job knowing it was union, gladly paying dues. Well, it’s their responsibility to provide the services we paid for. Period. All I asked for was effort. Apparently that was too much

All the "I'm leaving the union" stuff is getting tired. If you think working for UPS without union representation is a desirable outcome, you are sadly mistaken.
I see what your saying. Unfortunately, there is no desirable outcome. The steward conspiring to get me discharged was enough for me. The union is well aware of what happened, while having no problem with it. I assume because I’ve tried to hold them accountable and wasn’t a yes man?
I got full backpay because of my diligence. I’m not paying to be stabbed in the back any longer

Smashmouth

I can feel where you are coming from brother, you want to leave the union and send a message that they arent hearing your voice, which with this contract they negotiated seems very true. I just dont think a few guys from one building are really going to make a difference in their eyes. I think it would have to be a bigger movement, just like a few years back when the Teamsters left the AFL-CIO, it would need to be a huge change where we created a Union just representing the interests of UPS/UPS freight alone. I am hopeful that if a No vote is successful, that it will open some eyes in leadership, that our voices cannot be taken for granted.

Time for change

I can feel where you are coming from brother, you want to leave the union and send a message that they arent hearing your voice, which with this contract they negotiated seems very true. I just dont think a few guys from one building are really going to make a difference in their eyes. I think it would have to be a bigger movement, just like a few years back when the Teamsters left the AFL-CIO, it would need to be a huge change where we created a Union just representing the interests of UPS/UPS freight alone. I am hopeful that if a No vote is successful, that it will open some eyes in leadership, that our voices cannot be taken for granted.

Of course it has to be bigger and when half the part time work force realizes they aren’t being represented and have zero reason to pay dues, it will get big. Stay tuned, there will be a movement.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I would not quit..You would be more effective being part of the collective bargaining system...The parties that you want to strike out against will not miss you or your union dues..Think it over again and fight within the system.

For the most part I have agreed with your blogs and totally agree on how they are sticking it to the part timers again with this one. If anything stick around for the vote, you might be surprised on the outcome. Go down swinging..