Only comment if you really hated going to work

• Thread starter Nothing by 1030 anymore
  • Start date

LeadBelly

Banned
Not my point.

Did you give her the option?
Yes, she always had the option to go back to work. It hasn't always been easy. I grew up bad and my side of the family is non existent. He family wasn't very helpful either. The best option for us was for me to work and for her to be a stay at home mother. She's a wonderful mother and our kids are very lucky to have her. Working for ups with Teamster negotiated wages and benefits was a great thing to happen to a guy like me. It saved me and for this I'm very grateful. What I can do for my children and wife is worn as a badge of honor.

LeadBelly

Banned
Hmm, can't remember any big decision. Kinda just evolved from having the baby, I guess.
I'd like if she worked in some sort of capacity. On both sides of me are two software engineers. Across the street pharmaceutical sales fireman teacher next to her. Next to her is a ups driver who's wife stays home also. Next to him is a pharmacist. All of the others wives work. Not my union brother and I. We are both head of household and soul bread winner. Teamsters been really good to me.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I was a "stay at home mom" for our daughter, but to be honest I got kind of bored. At the same time I asked if I could "help" my dad (for no pay) as a property manager for a couple of rental properties he had. I also took classes to learn about the internet and websites. It was the 90's and the internet was new.

When my daughter was old enough to go to school I volunteered to be room mom every year, until she got into high school. I also volunteered for other stuff like serving food to kids in the lunch program.

I have total respect for stay at home moms. It's a demanding job.

I'm aware that my choices may be considered weird by some, but that's what I chose to do. I do realize that Tony had a good job with UPS but we also stayed on budget and kept our expenses down. That is why we had the option of me being a stay at home mom.

My point is that everyone is different and judging a man's job based upon if his wife does anything other than be a stay at home mom is very strange. At least to me...

Some moms may need to work because they want to, or for what ever reason. It's not always about money. Sometimes they may choose to volunteer. Sometimes they may choose to go to school. Every choice is valid.

Over 70

My almost 3 year old has been in daycare since 6 weeks old when my wife went back to work.

Daycare sucked when he was a baby but it's great for him now. He goes even when I'm laid off for 8 hours or so. He's been with the same group of kids since he was a baby and can't wait to play with them all day. I think it's great for building social intelligence.

I cringe a little when people act like your kid going to daycare is worse than sitting at home with a parent all day. He'll get bored at home while I'm tending to all the responsibilities of running a household which is a Neverending gig. And we're paying for it regardless if he goes :)

But there is one caveat, his daycare has a 2 year wait list, run by and located on a major university campus, and isn't cheap so I guess it's not your typical venue. It's setup more like school and has staff exceeding state mandated ratios. Employees have paid vacation, 401k, college education. There's plenty of day cares I'd not be so comfortable with.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I was a "stay at home mom" for our daughter, but to be honest I got kind of bored. At the same time I asked if I could "help" my dad (for no pay) as a property manager for a couple of rental properties he had. I also took classes to learn about the internet and websites. It was the 90's and the internet was new.

When my daughter was old enough to go to school I volunteered to be room mom every year, until she got into high school. I also volunteered for other stuff like serving food to kids in the lunch program.

I'm aware that my choices may be considered weird by some, but that's what I chose to do. I do realize that Tony had a good job with UPS but we also stayed on budget and kept our expenses down. That is why we had the option of me being a stay at home mom.

My point is that everyone is different and judging a man's job based upon if his wife does anything other than be a stay at home mom is very strange. At least to me...

Some moms may need to work because they want to, or for what ever reason. It's not always about money. Sometimes they may choose to volunteer. Sometimes they may choose to go to school. Every choice is valid.
I was a single father of two , when can I give likes again o great one

rod

Retired 22 years

My Daughter was really happy to finally have all three of her kids going to school for the full day. So what does she do--she volunteers for just about everything going on at their school and is a PTA member. Sometimes I think she spends more time in school than the kids.