Option weeks and the new contract

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'll repeat myself----the only way a swap should be approved is if each and every driver between the two drivers in question is asked if they want the week(s) in question.

The easiest way to find out.... would be look at the vacation request forms.

You could determine rather quickly, if any other employees requested the week and

were denied.... Based on seniority.

Upstate, makes a good point. Like it or not.

-Bug-

oldngray

nowhere special
The easiest way to find out.... would be look at the vacation request forms.

You could determine rather quickly, if any other employees requested the week and

were denied.... Based on seniority.

Upstate, makes a good point. Like it or not.

-Bug-

My center selected vacation weeks in groups by seniority, with most senior choosing all their weeks first and going down the list. The later people saw what weeks were still available so would not request a week that was already closed out.

Z

ZQXC

My center selected vacation weeks in groups by seniority, with most senior choosing all their weeks first and going down the list. The later people saw what weeks were still available so would not request a week that was already closed out.

Same here

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

We do the same thing here.

Employees in the same "group" can be made to re-pick (because of seniority).

I still have to agree.... there should be no swapping.

It causes to many problems down the road, when others find out.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not necessarily true. Possible the people in between had opportunity to bid but couldn't get that week since it was already closed out by the more senior driver selecting it. In that situation it would be wrong for an even lower seniority person swap and get that week.

Go back and re-read the example.

We are talking about a senior person approaching a less senior person.