Option weeks and the new contract

Who would you say is the best poster is?

Sent using BrownCafe App
ME!.just kidding. Their are many good posters, I think Upschuck Is my favorite, but with that being said...I really enjoy several other OPs. Cachsux, dirty sexual posts, Scratch..level headed posts, Toonertoo..best looking in brown shorts! BB58, for busting my chops! several others not mentioned, but not forgotten! Junpman and his magic way with words! and last but not least....UPSTATE, for making me laugh!

Packmule

Really guys, all I wanted to know when I posted this was when or if the union and the company were going to give us that option to float a second week. Nothing to squabble about!
Glad for you who got to plan with new contract in mind. For you like me who didn't, my BA says to request it Tuesday when I go back to work. If refused I should notify him and he will take it from there.
We will see what happens.

10 point

Really guys, all I wanted to know when I posted this was when or if the union and the company were going to give us that option to float a second week. Nothing to squabble about!
Glad for you who got to plan with new contract in mind. For you like me who didn't, my BA says to request it Tuesday when I go back to work. If refused I should notify him and he will take it from there.
We will see what happens.
In Ohio, in Nov of last year our BA said that we could chose to split up two weeks but couldn't use the second week's days until the contract was ratified.
They hurried up and pushed it through because they knew we needed to start burning the second week's worth of mental decompression. :)

By The Book

Did you check with the driver(s) between you and the lower seniority guy(s) before making the swap?
The lower guys came to me a couple times. I never offered it, but felt a couple times the member really needed the time more than me. I've found over the years it always opens a can of worms when vacation time comes around.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
ME!.just kidding. Their are many good posters, I think Upschuck Is my favorite, but with that being said...I really enjoy several other OPs. Cachsux, dirty sexual posts, Scratch..level headed posts, Toonertoo..best looking in brown shorts! BB58, for busting my chops! several others not mentioned, but not forgotten! Junpman and his magic way with words! and last but not least....UPSTATE, for making me laugh!
Nothing but love for ya DICKLEDOO LOL.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The lower guys came to me a couple times. I never offered it, but felt a couple times the member really needed the time more than me. I've found over the years it always opens a can of worms when vacation time comes around.

That's not what I asked------did you check with the drivers between you and the lower guys to see if any of them would have liked to have had any of those weeks? It would have been unfair for a lower seniority guy to be given a week that I may have wanted but couldn't bid because it had been closed out.

By The Book

That's not what I asked------did you check with the drivers between you and the lower guys to see if any of them would have liked to have had any of those weeks? It would have been unfair for a lower seniority guy to be given a week that I may have wanted but couldn't bid because it had been closed out.
If your looking for a did or didn't you do it the way you asked, the answer is no. In our building we let the lower seniority guys look at the vacation pick sheet ( posted ) to then find out which driver has the week that they need/want, and they come to the driver they want. As a high seniority driver I just pick what I want and roll with it.

By The Book

If I were one of the guys in the middle I would make sure this didn't happen unless everyone was asked.
I as a steward did this a long time ago before I became a steward. I've been a steward over 5 years now and think more about the group now, than just 1 persons situation. I try to apply the contract to all instead of a few. As I stated in a previous post, when vacation time comes around, it sure gets interesting. If there is a better way that you see I'm open to discuss. 2 minds are better than 1.