Part-time Driver's Helper/Part-time Package Car Driver Jobs "On Topic"

Tony Q

It is almost comical watching them try not to step into the cow pie that answering this is!

Because 1/2 the insults tossed at you go sailing right over your cubicle.....err mean head!
Do you think this hurts me! If yo vote this one down then another one gets put out there. If you tie it up for three years it really doesn't matter. Like I said I will be okay. Vote no, I am fine with whatever you do. Sean will still make 300 thousand this year and Hogfa will make his 400 thousand as well. Fred will make his 250 thousand as well. If you are a driver you will make your 90 thousand and the part-timer will make whatever they make. It will all work out, and you will have something to follow for the foreseeable future.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do we need a lesser class of full timer? The answer is no. This is only to cut costs and split the Union.

But you and the others will still try to push that angle as much as you can between now and the strike, hoping some folks who visit BC will fall for it.
Yes, it appears we need a leeser class.

A class that can be forced to work weekends and a class that can be forced to take OT that the RPCD doesn't want.

I have no agenda.

Truthful discussions is my only purpose for visiting the BC

Box Ox

Are you kidding me? It doesn't affect us, therefore we shouldn't care? That is an awful attitude.

Think we should all keep in mind that the turd contract sales crew can log onto BC as easily as any one of us and try to push whatever they want. I personally shouldn't feel as PO'd as I sometimes do because these are just folks sitting down at a computer and working as directed by their Company/Corporate bosses. They'll keep typing nonsense until it's time to vote. Just have to let members and lurkers know that what they're selling is absolute nonsense.

ote no, I am fine with whatever you do. Sean will still make 300 thousand this year and Hogfa will make his 400 thousand as well. Fred will make his 250 thousand as well.

Glad you're so open about it. Those guys don't give a fuuuuck. And it's a cancer upon the Union.

km3

A class that can be forced to work weekends and a class that can be forced to take OT that the RPCD doesn't want.

1) No, we don't.
2) How about instead of "forcing" people to work the weekends, they sweeten the pot a little bit? $1-2 more per hour to do Saturday or Sunday work. What was that saying? You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?
3) They could always...I don't know...Hire more full-time drivers? Oops. I forgot. Exercising common sense is a cardinal offense at UPS.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
How does this lack of protection directly effect you?
22.4 is a lesser class of job but it is full-time but not of the RPCD Class and they are to be new jobs.
Lack of protection in my mind means the will be forced to take the OT that the RPCD's don't want and they should, that will be their job, one of the reasons for the proposed creation of the class.
Offer from top force from below, that is life.

The truck next to me was run by a cover driver as the regular driver was on vacay. He is an under 4 year Rook who was placed on 1 route Monday and this route the rest of the week. Friday before we pulled he told me he had more than the rest of the week and Tues-Thurs he hit 12 hours each day. THAT IS 12 HOURS AND EACH DAY WAS TRIPLE DIGITS WITH 105+ HEAT INDEX!
Integrity you truly disgust me! You are a company puppet, an empty, soulless shirt if this does not bother you. But here you are trying to tell us we should not care about the humans who work next to us as long as we are not in the "lesser class of job!"

Teamsters care about each other, soulless company men only care about who they can blow for that next promotion.

Integrity, I have lost what little respect I had left for you and you will never be able to get that back. Protect those knees friend, I think they get over used!

Benben

A class that can be forced to work weekends and a class that can be forced to take THE EXCESSIVE OT that the RPCD doesn't want.
I have no agenda.
Truthful discussions is my only purpose for visiting the BC

There, fixed it for you!

What would have been wrong with addressing excessive overtime using the addition of full-rate full time drivers?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is almost comical watching them try not to step into the cow pie that answering this is!

Because 1/2 the insults tossed at you go sailing right over your cubicle.....err mean head!
I'm not sure who this is directed at but it is my understanding that going to 7 day work week for RPCD would have really displeased the membership.

km3

Your "brothers and sisters" have already allowed that to happen for the last 36 years and laugh at you every Friday cashing while their paychecks.

So you think I should only vote based on what's beneficial to me, like @Integrity said? This isn't just about solidarity with people that wouldn't think twice about selling me out, like you said. It's also about the corruption that is clearly rampant amongst Teamster "leadership."

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you kidding me? It doesn't affect us, therefore we shouldn't care? That is an awful attitude. In general. Make no mistake, Article 22.4s without protections now lay the groundwork for the company to remove protections from others as desired later.

View attachment 199818
I didn't say not to care. I have my concerns about this as well.

I can't control the future, I can discuss this current issue now though.

Does this issue affect you directly or are you just a crusader for the cause of 22.4 protections?

Benben

I'm not sure who this is directed at but it is my understanding that going to 7 day work week for RPCD would have really displeased the membership.

And you don't think the membership is displeased with what we know from the little bit of info released thus far? Losing money to inflation and lower wages for the same job?

What would have been wrong with addressing excessive overtime using the addition of full-rate full time drivers?