Part-time Driver's Helper/Part-time Package Car Driver Jobs "On Topic"

Box Ox

Not true. When I say I don't know what he means my hope is that he would further explain his comment.

I think that is how it is supposed to work in discussions.

You are entitled to your opinion.I do know that is how it works in discussions.

I don't understand. Is there a question for me in there? I play a perpetually confused sophisticate character here on BC.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't understand. Is there a question for me in there? I play a perpetually confused sophisticate character here on BC.
If there was a question for you in my reply, unless I made a typo, you would have seen a question mark ending one of my sentences.

I proof read my reply to you. I confirm that I noticed no typos of this nature in my reply.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The 22.4 will a lesser job. It is not so much the work but the position.
It is a Full Time Combination Driver. Created to advance the position and opportunity of part-timers and in doing so assist the Premier workers of the Co the RPCD.
Everyone in life must pay their dues, one way or another. Generally speaking; here the job/classification obviously is being negotiated to handle the days and hours that the RPCD don't want.
It will be a lesser job(no offense meant, life is life). Lesser jobs get less money, less perks and privileges and in the case of collective bargaining, usually lesser protections of said perks and privileges.

On the bright side it appears to limit opportunity to the highly esteemed RPCD jobs to members which may speed up the process of obtaining one of the coveted RPCD positions and the pay, perks and privileges in accordance with the position.
Existing and former RPCD deserve to be highly esteemed.
The position deserves to have pay, perks, privilege to reflect this esteem for what they do and have done for the organization.

So the tactics to sell this :censored2: sandwich have gone:
1. This will create new full time jobs. No arse rags, it just changes 1 top tier wage job with a lower paid job. FULLY STAFF AND THERE IS NO ISSUE!
2. This will solve the OT issue. No arse rags, FULLY STAFF! We don't mind working 9 hours, we all have issues with 12-13 hour days!
3. This will help save the pensions. No arse rags, FULLY STAFF AND IT IS AN NON-ISSUE.
4. Current drivers are highly esteemed and coveted. FULLY STAFF and none of us think we are better than the others. (now that Dave is retired)

That is pretty much self explanatory.

No offense, but your role here with your company ties is pretty much self explanatory!

Integrity

Binge Poster
So the tactics to sell this :censored2: sandwich have gone:
1. This will create new full time jobs. No arse rags, it just changes 1 top tier wage job with a lower paid job. FULLY STAFF AND THERE IS NO ISSUE!
2. This will solve the OT issue. No arse rags, FULLY STAFF! We don't mind working 9 hours, we all have issues with 12-13 hour days!
3. This will help save the pensions. No arse rags, FULLY STAFF AND IT IS AN NON-ISSUE.
4. Current drivers are highly esteemed and coveted. FULLY STAFF and none of us think we are better than the others. (now that Dave is retired)

No offense, but your role here with your company ties is pretty much self explanatory!
The fact that the company is understaffed in all areas is obvious.

I for one am very glad that your Fully Staff answer is not what our Negotiations Committee brought to the negotiating table and that your answers are not the answers or solutions that they are presenting to membership.

You are sadly mistaken in your reply.

Box Ox

I for one am very glad that your Fully Staff answer is not what our Negotiations Committee brought to the negotiating table and that your answers are not the answers or solutions that they are presenting to membership.

Why are you very glad, Company man?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you don't know what @Gumby means when he types the phrase "race to the bottom" when referring to contract negotiations, there's absolutely no working with, reasoning with, or questioning you. You really are a great troll.
If you don't know the game by now @Integrity only asks questions. Never answers them with any substance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If there was a question for you in my reply, unless I made a typo, you would have seen a question mark ending one of my sentences.

I proof read my reply to you. I confirm that I noticed no typos of this nature in my reply.
How I wish this reply was meant to be a condescending a Hole.

It would at least mean you had a shred of social skills.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why are you very glad, Company man?
I think this is 2 questions but that is unclear.

I am very glad because I believe it would have been a very poor negotiation strategy and it also would not have been addressing concerns expressed by the membership.

And no I do not view myself, nor have others accused me of what one might think of as a company man.

Except here on the BC of course.

Tony Q

Do you honestly think this will pass!??
I can't say for sure, but explaining things to other people isn't the worst thing in the world. You can vote how you want to. You can vote it down or pass it. I will be okay either way. Vote your conscience.

Benben

The fact that the company is understaffed in all areas is obvious.
I for one am very glad that your Fully Staff answer is not what our Negotiations Committee brought to the negotiating table and that your answers are not the answers or solutions that they are presenting to membership.You are sadly mistaken in your reply.

Because there is no denying that the company has failed to staff at adequate levels to ensure the work gets done, you are glad the union allowed this fact to be used by the company as a bargaining chip to get concessions from labor?

ARE YOU FOR :censored2:ING REAL?!?!?

Benben

Lookie there, TonyQ and Integrity back to back. Where's Chester and Baker been?

All the King's horses and all the King's men...................................