Pay Raise In October

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes. but UPS Is screwing us out of the overtime money.
Health and welfare is based on 40 hours.
They are putting the difference in their pocket.

It is going to the panel in october.
Good...cause that's some BS...you guys don't work your nutz off so they can steal part of your OT to fund union weekend trips and golf games.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We were told handlers will not get any raise.
This makes the second year in a row for them with no raise.
Why would you stay after 2 yrs. of no raise?

fedx.drivr

Thanks for the explanations. It's gonna be a pretty small increase for me. I'm barely above starting wage.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5yearsleft

I would sure like to know where the topped out line is. The 20 year couriers at my station are all topped out, the 10 year employees are at about $18. There are not a lot of people between 10 and 15 years left at my station, so I don't think there are a lot of 4% raises here. A few in the 15 to 20 year range, so a few 5%. At 9 years, I'm only in the bottom portion of the 2nd quartile.

Slick silver

Well if this is true, I might make it to about 18.00 after a year and half. Don't know if that is good seeing as how I started at 15.53. I guess it was good I took a swing position a couple months back.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hypo hanna

There are about 30 job titles that are courier and up hourly. Don't recall if CSA's and handlers were on it but don't think so.
I did some looking and there are over 60 job titles in this group. ( Most I have never heard of.) agents and courier/handlers are on the list but not handlers.

Reattempt tomorrow

So 10 years in. Last year I think I was at 22% of range. So I keep falling backwards in range of pay. I guess I'll be stuck in bottom quarter for as long as I work here.

IamFedEx

It's a huge slap in the face. Just like most years. At least last year everyone got 3%. I've given up trying to figure out how or why they do this to people who have stuck around for years. Most companies top out in 3-5 years. Heck, I'd be happy with 10-15 at this point. 30+ years to reach top out pay isn't even worth the trouble. Screw it. They'll get what they pay for. Less dependable people. More turnover.

hypo hanna

So 10 years in. Last year I think I was at 22% of range. So I keep falling backwards in range of pay. I guess I'll be stuck in bottom quarter for as long as I work here.
This is insane.
When I was dispatching, it was clear to me that after the first two to three years, pretty much everyone was at the same general effectiveness as a driver. There were certainly slackers and there were go getters. some slackers were new and some were senior employees, but they all knew and could do the basic job.
fedex just finds that its cheaper to set hourly pay based on this arbitrary multi tiered modified by market level BS scale.

vantexan

What they should do is every 3 years give a one dollar adjustment above and beyond the normal annual raise. I'm getting a 3% raise due to start of range being raised 3%. If you're in the first quartile but above what start of range will be, you get 2%. So if they keep raising starting pay 3% some people in first quartile will get caught and either be perpetually at starting pay, or only get 2% if they don't raise starting pay. Essentially permanent inhabitants of the first quartile. As I'm only here for awhile I can deal with it. But I can remember the anger of being a 14.5 yr employee and not even above the midpoint of range. Quartiles should be equal parts, not a rigged game. Why not at the very least do the same with pay as they do with vacations? 2 weeks after first year, 3 after 5, 4 after 10, 5 after 20. We'd all like to top out after 3 years but if they had a system similar to vacations with everyone topping out at 20 it would be light years better than what they're doing now. People work hard for this company, they need incentives and rewards beyond trinkets to take pride in this company.

hypo hanna

Aside from how incredibly unfair it is to the 3-20 year employees, its just plain short sighted. Whatever money they save up front on payroll goes right out the back door because of employee turnover.
Employee turnover results in more training, uncovered routes, overtime, missed pick ups and unhappy customers. And that's from the drivers that leave. The ones who stay end up slowing down doing a little as they can. All of which taxes the call centers, dispatch and operations mgmt.