Pay Raise In October

DRAisawesome

They don't care about express. Ground is the cash cow. Their drivers work really for pennies. Most are on food stamps if in a single parent working situation.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Aside from how incredibly unfair it is to the 3-20 year employees, its just plain short sighted. Whatever money they save up front on payroll goes right out the back door because of employee turnover.
Employee turnover results in more training, uncovered routes, overtime, missed pick ups and unhappy customers. And that's from the drivers that leave. The ones who stay end up slowing down doing a little as they can. All of which taxes the call centers, dispatch and operations mgmt.
A textbook example of just how poorly run this company is. Memphis mentality that can be used for toilet paper.

Reattempt tomorrow

Anyone know what happens to your sweet portable pension since that's all some of us get. Cash it out, roll over? Maybe I could just derail this thread into what to do when you quit to get everything you possibly can

vantexan

Anyone know what happens to your sweet portable pension since that's all some of us get. Cash it out, roll over? Maybe I could just derail this thread into what to do when you quit to get everything you possibly can
When I quit last year I got some bad info from a mgr. Said shouldn't take too long to get portable pension but it did. What I should have done was contact the FedEx Retirement Center 3 months before my last day. They send a packet to be filled out and if you contact them 3 months in advance they cut the check immediately after your last day. Call them a few weeks before you quit and you'll be waiting for 3 months after contacting them for your money. On the 401k you have to contact Vanguard. FedEx requires that they hold your money for 45 days after your last day before cutting you a check.

One strategy to maximize your severance is to not take your vacation days before quitting. Say you get 4 weeks a year. If you wait until the start of December to quit and didn't take any vacation time you'll get your four weeks plus the two weeks you accrued in the new fiscal year. That adds up.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
When I quit last year I got some bad info from a mgr. Said shouldn't take too long to get portable pension but it did. What I should have done was contact the FedEx Retirement Center 3 months before my last day. They send a packet to be filled out and if you contact them 3 months in advance they cut the check immediately after your last day. Call them a few weeks before you quit and you'll be waiting for 3 months after contacting them for your money. On the 401k you have to contact Vanguard. FedEx requires that they hold your money for 45 days after your last day before cutting you a check.
Why would you even be contacting them if you're not 55 yet? You said you are 52.

vantexan

Why would you even be contacting them if you're not 55 yet? You said you are 52.
That's for the portable pension. I have to wait until 55 for the traditional pension. Another aspect of the portable pension is you don't have to take it until you're 70.5 years old. If you leave the company you can choose to leave it in the account and accrue interest. Not much but better than many investments these days. P.S. I misspoke. I was 51 when I left last year, not 52.

Serf

This is the news I have been waiting for. I am not code 7. Code 69. Shuttle Driver. That's a solid 2% for me. Taking me to $16.19. At this pace in 19 more years I will be at "top pay." :childish: