Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

I know the answer and I’ve said it a million times. IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU START, IT MATTERS WHERE YOU FINISH!
I started this job at $8 an hour and now I make over $100,000. So yeah, I’ll take heavier raises over a a few bucks more in my starting pay. All day! Everyday!! No questions asked!!!

That is the dream and I agree with you if you can survive long enough on $187 a week! Minus the union dues and the years it will take you to hopefully become a fully invested driver...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That is the dream and I agree with you if you can survive long enough on $187 a week! Minus the union dues and the years it will take you to hopefully become a fully invested driver...
I had a job before I came to UPS, Because of the weird hours I was able to do both at the same time. I was making $100 a week at UPS. And the only reason I stayed was for the benefits while working my other job. Seven years later it was my turn to become a full-time package car driver. So my recommendation to people is if you are UPS part time make sure that you have another part-time job which is not difficult to do. Once your time is up become a driver and you can literally write your own paycheck.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Millennial’s don’t want to do our job bro...... seriously, they don’t want it.
It has nothing to do with generation or "snowflake" or whatever other stupid rhetoric people use ...no one should want to be a package car driver, no kid ever said "Yeah I want to be the garbage man when I grow up!" either. It's uncool, get your education and do something worthwhile for a living. Lord, the egos of truck drivers is just stupidly out of control with the Teamsters.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Who knows. If it was a next day air and the driver falsified any disposition of the nondelivered pkg he/she could be terminated for dreaded dishonesty.
The slope gets really slippery and at times its hard to cover up the cover up when it becomes "easier" as it continues.
If it's a misload, I am sheeting as a misload. Of course any OMS on-car or center manager can change how it was sheeted, but it comes down to "working in the best interest of the employer" and the best interest is sheeting the package with integrity and not cheating the customer. Good luck firing me for doing the correct thing we were trained to do.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It has nothing to do with generation or "snowflake" or whatever other stupid rhetoric people use ...no one should want to be a package car driver, no kid ever said "Yeah I want to be the garbage man when I grow up!" either. It's uncool, get your education and do something worthwhile for a living. Lord, the egos of truck drivers is just stupidly out of control with the Teamsters.
It has everything to do with the snowflake generation.
I know people with masters degrees that make way less than me honey. Nooooo, no kid in the world plays with trucks wishing they could drive one. We just had a new hire that was a six figured employee at another company. He used to travel, work from home on the weekends, and always be on call. He traded all of that in to become “just a truck driver”.

Last edited:

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
It has everything to do with the snowflake generation.
I know people with masters degrees that make way less than me honey. Nooooo, no kid in the world plays with trucks wishing they could drive one. We just had a new hire that was a six figured employee at another company. He used to travel, work from home on the weekends, and always be on call. He traded all of that in to become “just a truck driver”.
That fact that someone coming out of 8+ year of college to make less than a delivery driver is ridiculous. Top rate drivers make more than some doctors for goodness sake..

F

Frankie's Friend

If it's a misload, I am sheeting as a misload. Of course any OMS on-car or center manager can change how it was sheeted, but it comes down to "working in the best interest of the employer" and the best interest is sheeting the package with integrity and not cheating the customer. Good luck firing me for doing the correct thing we were trained to do.
Please tell me what code I can use to sheet that as miss load.
Would that be "other, other"?
Or maybe Future?
If its not delivered corp training says it is missed.
Im not lying for anyone.

F

Frankie's Friend

Just as anyone can deliver a box to a doorstep
Dude, i had a route that averaged 115-140 del stops, 400 delivery pcs a day, and picked up 250. Highest del day was 528 pkgs. I delivered 100 pcs per hour for the first three hours (30-40 stops) while pulling a tp60....every day.

Dont minimize the work that metro drivers perform. In addition, rural routes deal with adverse weather way more than metro routes do. It is not just "taking a pkg to a door".