Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

F

Frankie's Friend

Did the OMS tell the customer a white lie about the misload and maybe agreed to it being rescheduled? ;)
Who knows. If it was a next day air and the driver falsified any disposition of the nondelivered pkg he/she could be terminated for dreaded dishonesty.
The slope gets really slippery and at times its hard to cover up the cover up when it becomes "easier" as it continues.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Who knows. If it was a next day air and the driver falsified any disposition of the nondelivered pkg he/she could be terminated for dreaded dishonesty.
The slope gets really slippery and at times its hard to cover up the cover up when it becomes "easier" as it continues.
It wasn’t a next day air. But I stated “per corporate diad training, I can not sheet that NI unless at that location “those diad trainings come in handy sometimes.

F

Frankie's Friend

It wasn’t a next day air. But I stated “per corporate diad training, I can not sheet that NI unless at that location “those diad trainings come in handy sometimes.
We take pics of all of them since LP wont authorize hard copies to the hourlies. Heaven forbid they lose a chance to fire some bad driver who couldnt remember how to sheet something and management went home at 5 pm, no longer available to advise.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We take pics of all of them since LP wont authorize hard copies to the hourlies. Heaven forbid they lose a chance to fire some bad driver who couldnt remember how to sheet something and management went home at 5 pm, no longer available to advise.
I am a 20+ year driver who knows better. I feel bad for the new guys who get the message to sheet as such...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
With the "contract leaks" thread getting way too long I decided to make a quick post gauging what they think starting pay will be like for preloaders following the new contract. I'm hoping on $15/hr with 50c/yr progression. What about y'all?
How 12 an hour with a .75/yr raise?

Blackstream

The company on its own initiative already raised the minimum to $15 here in Portland just to try and get people to apply. $12 is what the minimum wage will be here when the new contract takes over, and it's going to keep going up every year until it's almost $15.

You can argue it's a local issue I suppose, and it probably is to some degree, but if it was changed to $12 and the company took away their minimum, a lot of people would actually get a pay cut right now. $15 is absolutely the minimum the starting wage should be, because even with that it doesn't seem like we're getting enough new people. Or at least enough competent new people, because the hub is struggling as it is right now.

I'm making over $15 right now, so it's not even like I'm arguing for a pay increase that would benefit me financially, and I'm enjoying the OT I'm getting right now as this is my only job, but if the company and the union want to get things working healthily again, we need to fix this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I started working the preload, we were always told how we could make or break a drivers day. Load quality was always a big deal and the PT sup (who always wore a suit and tie) would do load audits periodically. When was the last time you saw a PT sup wearing a suit and tie?

I am in my 29th year and have never seen a PT sup wearing a suit and tie.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You can stand around flirting with girls not doing s* for that. Ups wants you to bust ass like a manic for only 3.5 hours in the middle of the night. You tell me.
I know the answer and I’ve said it a million times. IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU START, IT MATTERS WHERE YOU FINISH!
I started this job at $8 an hour and now I make over $100,000. So yeah, I’ll take heavier raises over a a few bucks more in my starting pay. All day! Everyday!! No questions asked!!!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I know the answer and I’ve said it a million times. IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU START, IT MATTERS WHERE YOU FINISH!
I started this job at $8 an hour and now I make over $100,000. So yeah, I’ll take heavier raises over a a few bucks more in my starting pay. All day! Everyday!! No questions asked!!!
Millennial’s don’t want to do our job bro...... seriously, they don’t want it.

dudebro

The jacket was for managers. Started in Meadowlands in 1988 and PT sups wore shirt and ties. This didn't change until 92-93 when everyone became a "coach" and the old way was deemed stodgy and intimidating.

Not too late to learn something. Preload sups wore ties. I assume it was the same for the Hub sorts. Why not? They were there to supervise, not perform bargaining unit work. The same with driver sups. Can't remember the last time I saw a driver sup in anything but browns.