Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What kind of “career” is part time
career has nothing to do with *-time", meaning 24/7 or a couple hours a week. A career is a gateway to new direction in your line of work or trade, a means to move forward. A path. Either upward mobility or different outlets, venues etc. part-time Teamster jobs are not careers. it may be a good job, but it's not a career unless you want to "put your letter in" as us older people would say.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
M
career has nothing to do with *-time", meaning 24/7 or a couple hours a week. A career is a gateway to new direction in your line of work or trade, a means to move forward. A path. Either upward mobility or different outlets, venues etc. part-time Teamster jobs are not careers. it may be a good job, but it's not a career unless you want to "put your letter in" as us older people would say.
Using your logic, a drivers job is not a career either.
There is no upward mobility.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
M

Truck-driving could be considered a career, especially upon ownership and maybe business ideas. If you want to call being a package monkey in a brown truck a career then, that is your opinion. A garbage truck driver is a career too.

Heffalump

M

Technically what "package monkeys" do is deliver :censored2: to where it wasn't. The process of logistics. If you learn the trade their is plenty of opportunities. Drivers have the most in depth knowledge. Corporate gathers so much data from drivers for a reason..

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Technically what "package monkeys" do is deliver :censored2: to where it wasn't. The process of logistics. If you learn the trade their is plenty of opportunities. Drivers have the most in depth knowledge. Corporate gathers so much data from drivers for a reason..
Old timey thinking.
Now they just google.

jlynnp0770

I feel that part of the problems is PTers aren’t informed. Sure drivers know all about the union and what’s going on but a lot of the new hires don’t even know UPS is unionized unless they develop a relationship with a driver or steward that educates them about union issues (that or they stumble across this forum) others may not know how to vote, or simply don’t stay long enough to hit a voting cycle.

Very True. I have been with UPS since January, after being a driver helper. The driver gave some information, but NO ONE will even talk about the union unless a union rep is needed for disciplinary issues (write ups)

jlynnp0770

Ignorance is no excuse. They get a contract book like anyone else. Some choose to read it others do not. They are only short changing themselves.

Not true, I still have received nothing. Most preloaders don't even know they are already union. My hiring was all done online, but I cannot find union information online. I am still trying to find information on UPSers.com where a search for union results in "no results found". Some of us are trying to be proactive and cannot get the information we are asking for.

Indecisi0n

Not true, I still have received nothing. Most preloaders don't even know they are already union. My hiring was all done online, but I cannot find union information online. I am still trying to find information on UPSers.com where a search for union results in "no results found". Some of us are trying to be proactive and cannot get the information we are asking for.
Wah wah wah no one will hold my hand. Where's my mommy?
You're an adult. Find a shop steward or some old looking mother :censored2:er and ask questions. That doesn't work then call the hall. That doesn't work go on your unions web site and start calling business agents.

Got it snowflake ?

jlynnp0770

Wah wah wah no one will hold my hand. Where's my mommy?
You're an adult. Find a shop steward or some old looking mother :censored2:er and ask questions. That doesn't work then call the hall. That doesn't work go on your unions web site and start calling business agents.

Got it snowflake ?

Sweetheart I am probably old enough to be your grandmother. I came here looking for help, but I see this may be more bashing than anything. I don't sit by and expect everyone else to do the work for me. I do the research that I can, but when I hit a dead end, I will ask for direction hopefully from people who know. That is what I thought this site was supposed to be about. UPSer's helping others.
Shame on you if you are a moderator.

There are probably 9 people in the "office" which is nothing but an old modular trailer. Shop steward? I was lucky to get someone to point out the site manager. We have had 3-4 different supervisors since I started in January.
Not all UPS sites are set up all nice and pretty and have clearly marked offices and titles like most of the city sites probably have and saw during the one and only short 2 hour training that I had in the nearest city and the HR there does not seem to care about the little center out here.

I don't have to work with UPS. No I don't. I do it because I liked the work and the people I work with there. It got me out of the house after working 20+ years elsewhere. But when I do work somewhere for someone other than myself, I want to know the information and how to get it.
All anyone at this center seems to know is how great the benefits are. Even the older ones don't seem to know much about the union.

I thought this site was supposed to be helpful.

Indecisi0n

Sweetheart I am probably old enough to be your grandmother. I came here looking for help, but I see this may be more bashing than anything. I don't sit by and expect everyone else to do the work for me. I do the research that I can, but when I hit a dead end, I will ask for direction hopefully from people who know. That is what I thought this site was supposed to be about. UPSer's helping others.
Shame on you if you are a moderator.

There are probably 9 people in the "office" which is nothing but an old modular trailer. Shop steward? I was lucky to get someone to point out the site manager. We have had 3-4 different supervisors since I started in January.
Not all UPS sites are set up all nice and pretty and have clearly marked offices and titles like most of the city sites probably have and saw during the one and only short 2 hour training that I had in the nearest city and the HR there does not seem to care about the little center out here.

I don't have to work with UPS. No I don't. I do it because I liked the work and the people I work with there. It got me out of the house after working 20+ years elsewhere. But when I do work somewhere for someone other than myself, I want to know the information and how to get it.
All anyone at this center seems to know is how great the benefits are. Even the older ones don't seem to know much about the union.

I thought this site was supposed to be helpful.
I'd love to be your sweetheart but @Gumby has already laid claim to me.

I get it now. But the steps are still the same. Find steward.
Ask drivers
Call hall
Call business agents
*Hugs.

542thruNthru

Ask drivers
Call hall
Call business agents
*Hugs.

Don't let it get you down sweet cheeks. You're still the best damn moderator this site has ever known! I salute you!
SoJiRpk-1.gif

jlynnp0770

Ask drivers
Call hall
Call business agents
*Hugs.

Thank you. Coincidentally, all the union information came into place today. Every last thing I have been looking for and asking about. You must have some kind of super power. :)